ad: MyersEng-1

ARRL New Comments include the ressurection of RM-11708

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0MU, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. AI0K

AI0K Ham Member QRZ Page

You're the one complaining about the ARRL not doing things for ham radio. So if they're doing so bad, what have YOU done better?
    Obviously your answer is NOTHING. And to think there is no threat to our bands is very naive. Fortunately, there are people who understand the real world and are doing what they can to protect our bands. The ARRL is a mainstay in that effort.

2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Certainly, because they are paid to do so. When I spend money, I expect something in return. I suspect you have similar requirements when you hand cash to somebody. If you don't have such expectations of the people you pay, then you are more than welcome to send cash to my ULS address. ;)

There are officers at ARRL who make six figures. And they still can't make any progress on issues that actually matter to the hobby? If it was any other group, they'd be fired.

3. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

I keep looking for the anger management forum on here, maybe Fred needs to start one........

KK5JY and N2SUB like this.
  4. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry, I guess I don't pass your test on "what I've done for ham radio". Believe it or not, I don't give a rats behind. I have nothing to prove to you, or anyone else for that matter. Why are you so angry and combative? I've been respectful, you've been a crass, insulting jerk. Way to get your point across.

K0IDT and KK5JY like this.
  5. AI0K

AI0K Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure, I expect something in return for the money I spend. And with the ARRL I get it.
    But you obviously don't understand how Washington works. For instance, try lobbying on the Hill like I have (for trade organizations I've belonged to, not ham radio). Nothing happens overnight and nothing happens even in the same year. Did you know it took over 20 years to get the MLK Holiday passed? A new bill each and every year. And that is the case for the vast majority of bills. But you don't hear about those.
    And even when a bill get submitted, it's almost always going to run up against opposition and the final bill, if it gets passed, will never be everything anyone wants. It will be a compromise that completely satisfies no one but hopefully everyone can live with. Where that compromise lands is mostly dependent on the lobbying strength of the organizations involved.
    The ARRL understands how the government works and is working for us. And from what I've seen in Washington, they're doing a pretty good job while going up against some very strong lobbys.

6. KK5JY

The real shame is that it's becoming increasingly obvious that the League has become a religion for some people. You must not question the League, or anything they do, or anything they don't do, or anything they say or don't say, or otherwise you are any number of derogatory names. You are either "with us" or you are with the "band grabbers" or the "antenna haters." Very sad.

K0IDT likes this.
  7. KK5JY

I don't. So their average between us is zero. :)

Since most hams don't find enough value in the League to join, their service-wide value is negative.

8. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope they leave the clause in the bylaws that says the can remove a member for "cause", save me the trouble of resigning and will cut membership down to about 4 :)

KK5JY likes this.
  9. AI0K

AI0K Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, if you don't support the league, then what do you have to gripe about? You don't support them, so why should they support you?

Don't like what they're doing? GET INVOLVED! But that would require more work than just complaining on a public forum.

10. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I hate doing that but.....

The guy thinks I'm a "spoiled snowflake". LMAO. Ignorance is bliss.

11. KK5JY

Because they erroneously claim to speak for all of us. If they are going to tell that story to the Commission, then they had better represent the needs and desires of the entire service.

12. AI0K

AI0K Ham Member QRZ Page

They do. Just like President Trump speaks for all Americans - whether you voted for him or not. And if you don't like what they're saying, then GET INVOLVED. But people like you would rather just bitch than to get involved and try to make things better. You must really have a sorry life.

13. KK5JY

It's actually kind of entertaining to watch grumpy OM stomp and yell on QRZ forums, particularly when they haven't a clue what they are talking about. ;)

14. AI0K

AI0K Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, so now you're admitting you're a grumpy old man, too. ROFLMAO!
    Believe me - I know more about what's going on in this world than you do. But then you have proven you are just an entitled snowflake with no idea what the real world is like. I really feel sorry for people like you. Once of these days you're going to get a rude awakening.

15. KK5JY

Wow. :rolleyes: I guess you put all the young whipper-snappers in their place, huh?
    Do tell. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.