ad: UR5CDX-1

ARRL Bulletin on Morse Code Elimination

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KE5EIY

KE5EIY Ham Member QRZ Page

I have one word for you and that is "hygiene". [​IMG]

2. NK0V

NK0V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am so glad this guy is what we have to look forward to on HF now. What a great advancement his attitude will be for all of us. Thanks for showing us how you will be acting with your free handout.
    Why don't you hold out for the elimination of the written testing and make it easy on yourself?

3. NK0V

NK0V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, soon that help will be getting rid of those rotten, unfair, hard and totally unnecessary written tests. They are what is holding back these superior hams. They have so much knowledge and other stuff to offer. We just need to make it easier for them and they can be a true ham and feel good too.

4. KC7GNM

KC7GNM Ham Member QRZ Page

You know guy you are the reason why these guys are complaining about the morse code testing being gone. It is your attitude that needs a little adjusting. I am all for you guys getting upgraded but if you act like that now then I might change my mind. Luckily you are the only lid that is acting like this right now and if you act like this on the air then I don't want you in the hf band either. I just hope you are the only tech that is acting like this. You need to step back and eat some humble pie. I don't care how long you have been licensed and I don't care if you have been in the hobby for 30 years but you need to know when to shut up and be quite and that time has come.

5. KE5EIY

Another person who knows how the future will turn out.  Why don't you use your crystal ball to tell us all who will win the lottery.  Can't do it?  Then your comment about how the future will turn out is irrelevant.

Did I ever post that I wanted on HF at all?  You are reading a lot into things that are not there at all.  Let me get your glasses gramps.  Now you can go back to yelling at kids to stay off your lawn. [​IMG]

6. KE5EIY

"You know guy", you and others who have passed the code test but cannot accept it's end just like to complain about something that you cannot change.  It's a done deal.  Any sort of tech who has not passed the code test is a target for you "bullies" to vent upon.  No one needs your approval or acceptance to upgrade.

"You know guy", I will defend myself when attacked like you have done.  Don't like my replies, then don't start anything and we will have no problems.  Otherwise guy just try to shut me up and feed me some of your humble pie nonsence.

7. KC7GNM

And you cannot read either. I was defending the techs but you are one I will not defend. You need to go back to the CB band like one of the other guys on here said. You don't even know when someone is trying to help you out. I have a friend of mine that failed the code test back in November that I have been elmering and he is happy as can be that they got rid of the code testing. So am I. I think it was high time they got rid of the testing. Yes I did take the code over 10 years ago but I probably could not copy 2 wpm right now if I tried on a good day. I do not like the code but I never whined or bitched about it like you are doing right now. I got off my ass and studied and passed the damn thing. With your comments I am slowly changing my mind about the testing as it seems to have kept morons like you out of the hf bands. Again you need to chill out and step back a few and think about what you are saying next time you post on here. Better yet read what others are saying before you start spouting off again.

8. KE5EIY

You knuckleheads always fall back on the CB nonsence.  Why is that?  No original thought processes for insults?

You know guy, you need the reading comprehension.  When and where on any of my posts have I "whined or bitched" either way about the code testing?  Stop inserting your own words and toughts into into fictional posts.  It's a cheap trick that will not work with me.

Once again, now try to read this very carefully, where on any of my posts have I ever said that I wanted on HF? Well knucklehead?

9. KC7GNM

There is no reasoning with this moron. Every post from this idiot lid will be ignored from here on out as I am assuming most others will too.

10. KE5EIY

Spoken by someone who cannot understand that his way is not the only way.

11. KB9WXL

KB9WXL QRZ Member

In a previous post , it was stated that all us no code techs want everything "given" to us.
    As a no coder , I can tell you I never had any interest in code , and I wasn't going to waste my time learning something I would forget as soon as I passed the test, because I would never have had any desire to use this mode. My life doesn't evolve around ham radio , in fact my ham radio activity evolves around my life, and when I get busy with other projects , the radio gets put up and collects dust [​IMG]

12. KD5OEI

KD5OEI Guest

I find the arguments that [idiotic or whatever] people will simply 'memorize' the answers to the test to be specious. The pool is what 300-400 questions? Who would try to memorize a monster like that?

It's ridiculous! I have always passed the exams, both the practice ones and the real ones, based on knowledge and experience. Never studied. Go ahead and let them take away the practice tests, I don't care. But it will make it harder for alot of people who haven't spent much time in hard core electronics.

It's easier to pass the test based on learned experience with radio and electronics, or, to do quite a bit of honest study where the electronics and radio experience is lacking so that the questions make sense to the examinee. Memorization is useless with a 300-400 question pool.

The only things it makes sense to 'memorize' for the tests are the simple regulatory items such as band edges, emission types, rules, etc. [​IMG]

13. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I get the suspicious feeling that we are not all going come to a general consensus on this issue...

14. PE1RDW

PE1RDW Ham Member QRZ Page

There will always be guys thinking that because they passed a morse code test they are better then the rest of us, I see it here in the Netherlands too after nearly 3 years of no code testing.

Guess what even the old timers that came in the hobby when morse testing was the main test see that an attitude like that makes no sence...

In otherwords, give it time for the bitter types to patch up their inflated egos and it will calm down.

15. N7YA

N7YA Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with you and PE1RDW...the subject will never come to a peaceful agreement, but it will blow over and life will go on...basically, it will just peter out and some folks will remain angry and others will try to put it behind them, but I believe ham radio will go on without any major disasterous consequences...life as usual, in my opinion. But thats just my opinion.

Anyway, this thread is slowing down a little. Maybe its time for Fred to put another 2 or 3 codewar threads up, he did quite well on this last batch, why stop a profitable thing.

73...Adam, N7YA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.