ad: Flexradio-1

ARLB011 Amateur Radio Parity Act Language Inserted in National Defense Authorization Act

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N9PBD, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

neither does the HOA ( need a warrant or even permission to look). Anyone who thinks otherwise is uninformed. Every HOA which enforces rules has permission, both expressed and implied, to ensure those rules are enforced.

It's not debatable. Implying otherwise is nonsense. And if someone believes otherwise, HOAs also have both a duty and the right to pass through common areas from which any property could also be viewed and ensure it is maintained.

All of which becomes moot when a ham is required by this farce to seek and obtain permission for an antenna thereby vesting in an HOA the responsibility and right to inspect it.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    WQ4G likes this.
  2. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

The problem here is your interpretation of what you "think" that means exactly.

What you need to understand is the law is already your "permission." The rest is a procedural formality.

3. K1VSK

Nonsense.
    There is no law. There is no implementing regulation. And there is nothing in the Bill except a clear declarative statement that a ham must seek permission and approval from their HOA which will determine unilaterally whether a reasonable accommodation exists.

That you don't understand that after all this time is astonishing. As someone once so eloquently said - If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

4. KC8VWM

I am talking about what occurs at an HOA when it becomes a law.

Perhaps you are overlooking that.

So what are you talking about exactly?

5. K1VSK

Now your just getting annoying. Willful ignorance isn't a laudable goal.

ND6M likes this.
  6. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

You guys remind me of this

[​IMG]

KC8VWM likes this.
  7. KC8VWM

Annoying because you won't admit the law is your permission to install an antenna?

Ok, whatever.

N4AAB likes this.
  8. N4IJ

N4IJ Ham Member QRZ Page

An effective radio antenna for what? To talk on a 2m repeater (like many hams only do), or put up a resonant antenna on 80m? This is all fluff. Sort of how
    congress writes laws with loopholes.

Doug

9. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep. Actual decreasing public NEED and current viable ham WANT alternatives aside, an "effective" antenna for 160m is necessarily large. An "effective" antenna for VHF-up needs to be above large objects and thick vegetation. Those hams frothing at the mouth may envision something like this:
    [​IMG]
    However, the HOA may approve something like this:
    [​IMG]

...and only the lawyers win.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    ND6M likes this.
  10. KC8VWM

Yeah, I know you're right. :)

N5PZJ likes this.
  11. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

You made a comment in this thread about how you used to live in an HOA, but you don't now.

Don't take this personal, but, ..... You remind me a lot of the way EX smokers behave.;)

12. K1VSK

Smokers are annoying. Ex-smokers can be more annoying as they typically complain more. Both would be insulted by your analogy.

13. KC8VWM

Well perhaps and I don't take it personally.

But I think it's fair to advocate for something so others can have an opportunity that didn't exist for me in an HOA.

14. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Except, hams have ALWAYS found ways to get on the air. Now that remote operation is commonplace, add one more.

15. KC8VWM

In this case we have found ARPA is a good way to get on the air.

N5PZJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.