ad: AntWorld-1

April Issue: The Logger's Bark Magazine

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W7UUU, Apr 1, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: Ham.Live-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD8YQC

KD8YQC Ham Member QRZ Page

Could you provide a link to that issue as well?

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

WD4ELG and KD8YQC like this.
  3. WA5KM

WA5KM Ham Member QRZ Page

Didn't know it was a gag. In a science vs. cb pub. there is never room for what 'someone' considers a joke, funny, gag, prank. Rubbish.

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Wow - Have you NEVER played or participated in an April Fools Day joke in your life.... EVER?

You have heard of April Fools Day, haven't you?

Dave
    W7UUU

5. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Kudos, Dave! Another fabulous edition.

W7XH likes this.
  6. M0SAZ

M0SAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow first time I have read this publication. Really nice. Thank you!

W7XH likes this.
  7. WA7SON

WA7SON Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice feature. My QTH used to be in Olympia, WA. I am a recent transplant to TN. This brings back memories of when I would make the short jaunt to W7DK on a Saturday morning, and have an eyeball with some of the local hams I knew at the clubhouse. Sure miss it. I remember W7BUN, Jerry Seligman, he used to teach upgrade classes while he was alive. Also, I remember making a visit downtown Tacoma to my favorite local surplus electronics store, Electronic Dimensions, owned and run by Glen Galati, (KA7BOJ). Fun place. You should have a feature of Glen in an upcoming issue. Good times.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
    W7XH and W7UUU like this.
  8. WB4IUY

WB4IUY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Absolutely remarkable!!

W7XH likes this.
  9. WA5KM

WA5KM Ham Member QRZ Page

No I never did "pranks". And yes I remember one In an electronics mag. for the formula of forming solar cells , I called at least 4 chemical suppliers for a nonexistent chemical to mix in. What good does that do ? WHO thinks it is funny or clever??

10. W7UUU

Thank you for sharing

Dave
    W7UUU

11. W4QXL

W4QXL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

EXCELLENT publication! Kudos, Dave, for making this level of professional print for your club! I wish more clubs had these kinds of resources and people willing to step up and do things like this. I know for many it's just not possible for one or more reasons, but seeing a club this active with members so willing to put in the time and dedication is refreshing!

W7XH likes this.
  12. KB9HGI

KB9HGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

WOW this newsletter has more reading then QST. Well done and great job!

W7XH likes this.
  13. K7RJ

K7RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I read the pretty useless article about the Rock and Roller Joe Walsh, but nothing worthwhile about the ham radio operator Joe Walsh. There was nothing in the article but fan druel, nothing that itsn't general knowledage bout mega stars. I really would like to know about Joes introduction to ham radio, what he does with it, what modes, how often does he get on the air. You know, that stuff that hams, and not teeny boopers rock and rollers, like to hear again and again.

14. W7UUU

Thank you for sharing.

ALL of that stuff is in the November 2002 CQ article. THIS article was a retrospective on how the original CQ piece came about.

Go order a copy of the CQ magazine - it's all there - could be online somewhere - I have paper copies of course.

But hey - at least you read the article and that's a cool thing - thank you :)

Dave
    W7UUU

15. K3JIM

K3JIM Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't you get it it's the April 1st issue