ad: BerryVille-1

April Issue: The Logger's Bark Magazine

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W7UUU, Apr 1, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KO4TXV

KO4TXV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great job, Dave. With so many magazines gone by the wayside or have become nothing but ads, you should do QRZ magazine. As long as it is not 80% ads like so many, I would subscribe (and I am cheap).

W7XH and AK5B like this.
  2. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Would love to take advantage of all that is offered, but the commute from New Jersey would make getting to meetings difficult at best. ;)

3. KQ4GUI

KQ4GUI Ham Member QRZ Page

Famous singer checking our Amateur radio well the license testing will go up.

W3KW likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

We do our meetings "Hybrid style" on Zoom as well as in person :)

https://w7dk.org/membership

:)

Dave
    W7UUU

W2NCC, N2EY and K2DFC like this.
  5. KQ4GUI

KQ4GUI Ham Member QRZ Page

I read the mag and the price on the amp is around 2500. I won't be able to afford that anytime soon but thats on my wishlist.

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

You CLEARLY didn't watch the whole video. EVERYTHING is explained but you have to watch the whole thing ;)

Dave
    W7UUU

AK5B, N2EY and KQ4GUI like this.
  7. K4MTO

K4MTO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave,

Love all of your posts! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for all you do!

MikeO k4mto

W7UUU likes this.
  8. W3KW

W3KW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hook. Line. Sinker.

AK5B and N2EY like this.
  9. W3KW

W3KW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just called Taylor Swift. I was curious if she had any pull at Elecraft. Couldn’t hurt my chances of getting moved up in the Pocket Kilowatt Amp delivery order. Fingers crossed.

W7XH, AK5B, K7MXE and 2 others like this.
  10. KB8SKK

KB8SKK Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome read, great job. Awesome club as well.
    And TS, wow !! hihi

Does the club own the building ?

Thank you QRZ as well !!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
  11. W7UUU

Yes! Radio Club of Tacoma was founded October 1916 and used "extra bedrooms and public spaces" for decades until 1957 when a small group got together and drew up plans on a napkin to buy a house that was for sale in a good location at a good price. They all chipped in and bought it, and paid it off in just a few years. Then in the 1970s the lot next door came up for sale so they bought that to use for parking for meetings.

We have two stories - with a large classroom (16 students + instructors), a full kitchen, "parlor" room that has a Flex radio and group work bench, plus an area for repeater racks and table for socializing. Upstairs we have an HF room with lots of modern gear, and the W7OS Doctor Clifford J. Spike (one of the founding members) Museum Station - with a large array of fully operation rigs from yesteryear, as well as static displays of early club gear from the spark days forward. Outside is an 80 foot tower with HF beam and inverted vees for the low bands.

Our meetings on every 2nd Wednesday at 7:00 PM local time (Pacific) - ALL are invited - you need not be a member - visit www.W7DK.org for meeting information and how to log into Zoom. And if you're ever in Tacoma, WA, we have an open house from 10 to 2 every Saturday, with the last Saturday of every month a "mini swapmeet" with a free (donations appreciated) chilidog lunch for those in attendance.

Dave
    W7UUU

WA3VJB, DO1FER and W3KW like this.
  12. KB8SKK

KB8SKK Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks and so cool !!

13. KT4PH

KT4PH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice newsletter, I'm starting to look forward to the 1st of the month for all the new issues!

W7UUU likes this.
  14. KW1NG

KW1NG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ahem.... did you notice the date? :)

Dave
    W7UUU
    [/QUOTE]

Hey Dave, if Joe Walsh is in the mag, why not Taylor Swift? hehe..

W7UUU likes this.
  15. W7UUU

Hey Dave, if Joe Walsh is in the mag, why not Taylor Swift? hehe..[/QUOTE]

Taylor was only in there because I could find a photo of her A) sitting down and B) at the right angle to photoshop in :)

Joe was the real deal - nothing April Foolery about any of that :)

Dave
    W7UUU

KB8SKK likes this.