ad: QuirkyQRP-1

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. January 29, 2020.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Jan 27, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Ham Member QRZ Page

Great reply friend

W1YW likes this.
  2. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

HI---amateur radionewsline healines for nation january 29, 2020 --vy73 DJOAJ ekrem

3. WA1UIL

WA1UIL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here, I enjoy "useful" construction articles,mods and antenna designs. The joy really hit bottom when they publish old pages of QST's
    as fillers and contest stats. I know, I'm picky but given the annual cost,fixed income and Google, its looking pretty slim for a renew.
    The replacement CEO will no doubt have just left a previous position he/she held for the magic 5 year period and moved on and up. Its ALL about building a "Career" and a resume that reflects upward mobility. Its not what you do in a position these days to better the Company but how it increases the shine of YOUR future resumes.

K0UO, KE5OFJ, K8JHR and 1 other person like this.
  4. N5TZH

N5TZH Ham Member QRZ Page

arrl is no friend to ham radio 20yrs ago yes but now its all about menbership

K0PV/SK2023 likes this.
  5. KC8UD

KC8UD Ham Member QRZ Page

Did I hear him say a prize would be given to the l o n g e s t transmission heard? Really? They're promoting that? I thought broadcasting (and one way TX) on the amateur bands was against regulations.

6. K6UJ

K6UJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The most exciting radios are real radios. Not computer controlled radios.

N2HUN, NL7W, N2NOW and 5 others like this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

As it should be!

The National Association of Amateur Radio has an obligation to find out what the 600,000 non-members are all about, what their needs are, and how best to represent them, through membership.

Seems to me they have already implemented some key steps to realizing that, doncha think?

K0UO likes this.
  8. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

I find it very difficult to navigate on a computer screen. Tablet maybe it's okay. Give me the print copy and a bright light.

N2HUN, KC2PMM, K6CLS and 1 other person like this.
  9. W9HBH

W9HBH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sure am glad now that I got a Life time subscription / membership back in 1975 for around $100.00

W4POT, K0UO, WD0BCT and 1 other person like this.
  10. W1RDT

W1RDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Chip for CEO!!! Chip Chip Hooray!!!

W8NDB and K0UO like this.
  11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Never happen. I have a job and I LIKE it!

I am churning out a new issued patent a month--and at 65 (soon!) the patent office starts 'make special'--free acceleration of prosecution.

The only thing that bugs me is that some are calling me a 'late starter'. Nah.-- I-- wasn't the issue. Held back by lack of resources and detractors. It sure sucked to be poor in my 20's and 30's....unlike Hunter Biden, no one handed it to me;-) Just like almost everyone here!

Chip W1YW

2E0TWD and NL7W like this.
  12. K4TK

K4TK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here.....got a Life Membership long ago (don't remember what year). Wouldn't be paying anymore otherwise.................

K0UO likes this.
  13. KA1VT

KA1VT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The issue it seems to me is the Board - they need to lay out what "they want" BEFORE they hire someone and not after the fact. You can't have a captain of a ship sail it into waters unknown if the crew isn't onboard with it.
    ARRL is our spokesperson in WDC - I will keep my membership just for that.

14. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you tried it lately? Early video mags and newspapers were quirky. Not so much any more. And you control the brightness and contrast.

My wife once said she would never give up her printed newspaper. After getting accustomed to her digital paper she says she'll never go back to printed. It's less messy, no storage space required, and she never has to fo out in the snow to hunt for a paper now! She attempted digital when the printed edition doubled in price!

KG4WRQ and W1YW like this.
  15. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Ham Member QRZ Page

I did the same in 77. They had just announced an increase in the lifetime membership fee so a bunch of us jumped at it.

K0UO likes this.