A 10 Year Amateur Radio Special Event starts in February!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NF7E, Jan 10, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W9QQ

W9QQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As the City Manager of Streator, Illinois, Clyde Tombaugh's birthplace and boyhood hometown, I'm definitely going to participate in the special event. Streator honors Tombaugh with a large Walldogs painted sign downtown and a memorial plaque and artwork at a city golf course. I appreciate the efforts of the Northern Arizona DX Association to promote Tombaugh and his discovery of Pluto.

73. Dave Plyman W9QQ

KS4TD and KD7RF like this.
  2. W6JPG

W6JPG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm in. it will give me a reason to live another 10 years, like I need one.

John W6JPG 73's

KS4TD likes this.
  3. N7SMD

N7SMD Ham Member QRZ Page

As a member of the NADXA club, I'm looking forward to logging done of you during this year's event.
    Scott, N7SMD

KS4TD likes this.
  4. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow, my 10 y/o grand daughter wants to be an astronomer, and walks around reciting facts about the cosmos. AND, a few weekends ago, she heard a CW QSO I was having and wanted the 411. I showed her the chart of letters and numbers and told her it was another language. She digested that for a weekend, and now she will occasionally speak to me in CW. This will be right up her ally.....oh, that's also her name, Ally. LOL

KI5AAI, KS4TD, N4KCD and 1 other person like this.
  5. K4YNZ

K4YNZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I read a book about Tombaugh and his search for Pluto. The way he would compare photos inspired me to use it comparing data base entries! Looking forward to this.

KS4TD likes this.
  6. KS4TD

KS4TD Ham Member QRZ Page

One of the things I enjoy the most in amateur radio is working special event stations. I am really looking forward to this!

Sean KS4TD

7. W9FL

W9FL Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ?

[​IMG]

8. AD0YL

AD0YL Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not W9P? I like having 9 planets :)

9. W5JCK

W5JCK Ham Member QRZ Page

FT8 is one of the things that has ruined ham radio for me. Just use your darn smartphone if you think that is ham comms. The old fashioned way is CW or voice.

10. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

That's an interesting observation. You're the first person I've heard mention that.