ad: portazero-1

13 Colonies Special Event

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KU2US, May 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. NY4Q

NY4Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I love this event each year and always look forward to it.

M1WML and W4LJ like this.
  2. N8TGQ

N8TGQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I work this every yesr but never log or apply for cert. Its just fun and I know which ones I got.

M1WML and K3XR like this.
  3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got K2C on 20M FT8, and WM3PEN and K2E on 40CW!! I am just TICKLED!!!!!!!

M1WML and WJ4U like this.
  4. KG1Z

KG1Z XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have fun every year chasing. I would like to thank all operators that put effort in. I don't do much HF, but like the special event stuff, POTA, SOTA Lighthouses, anything interesting. Thanks again for getting me on the air.

M1WML, WA6MHZ and WJ4U like this.
  5. WA6MHZ

according to QRZ, W2Z is a special event station for the Ward Melville High School Ham Reunion and NOT affilliated with the 13 Colonies Special Event

M1WML likes this.
  6. WA6MHZ

If someone wanted to start out COLD right now, there are ATLEAST 10 13Col stations and WM3PEN on 14074 FT8 RIGHT NOW!!!

M1WML and KF5KWO like this.
  7. WA6MHZ

I am wondering if the K2 stations plan on uploading to LOTW? I need MA and NJ to complete WAS for 17 Meters and FL, NC, NH and RI on 10M to complete WAS on that band. Dont want to rob contacts from those in real need, but would like to use this opportunity to finish my WASs

M1WML likes this.
  8. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

yup,... they've been quite active. I started @ 0001z/03 & have worked 10 of 'em, and WM3PEN, all on 20m CW w/a hundred watts & a wire. Now, if I can just nab Va., R.I., & Ga. :D

HEY ! How about a "Special Event" to work all 13 former "Confederate States" :eek: err... on second-thought...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    M1WML, W0AQ, KG5THG and 3 others like this.
  9. KR2W

KR2W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there a K2Z station in this years event? I don't see it listed on the current log sheet on the event website and I've not seen a spot nor heard the K2Z call on the air. Just wondering because I've got everything else, just wanted to make sure I was finished!

M1WML likes this.
  10. N0YPD

N0YPD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I love this event to,along with Route 66. Thanks guys for all you do,and keep making it happen.

M1WML likes this.
  11. KF5KWO

KF5KWO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

9:43pm Texas time on Friday 3 July. Yeah, i'm starting out cold right now! :)

M1WML likes this.
  12. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Any idea when they're going to be working carbon life form hams and not computers? ;)

M1WML and KA2FIR like this.
  13. K6DWI

K6DWI Ham Member QRZ Page

I have not been able to contact one, weather it be CW, SSB, or FT8

M1WML likes this.
  14. KC9GHA

KC9GHA Ham Member QRZ Page

The page for K2A says there is no K2Z bonus station this year.

M1WML likes this.
  15. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked all except GB13COL on 40 CW. I don't think COL op does CW. Oh well.
    Thanks to the CW ops and KU2US.
    Mike N3PM

M1WML likes this.