ad: UR5CDX-1

Gigaparts Explorer Backpack Full Review

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG5AHJ, Feb 8, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KG5AHJ

KG5AHJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I will have to get back to your question later, so i can answer your questions. Thanks for the great questions.

2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Honest question: what is a "group cut"? A group purchase discount?
    Nice dodge. The on air antics remain obvious to experienced operators.
    I don't recall that threads or a reply. For the benefit of my faltering memory and others here in this thread: did you purchase this bag or was it given to you free of charge by Gigaparts?

KA0USE and K9TDW like this.
  3. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is produced for limited time each year - truly a great smoke and worth the money... about 15.00USD. My everyday smoke, this month, is the Asylum 6 x 60.

Smoke'em if you got'em!

KA0USE, KG5AHJ and W9EBE like this.
  4. W0LMS

W0LMS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow, I am shocked by all the rude comments on your review, whatever happened to polite society, much less the commeraderie and supporting behavior of Ham radio operators, feels a little like the CB world. Disappointing. Thanks for the review Frank.

KJ5EVL, W9FL, KJ7OES and 3 others like this.
  5. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am really shocked people are talking about smoking and cigars! Oh wait, that was me!! :D

KG5AHJ, W0LMS and W9EBE like this.
  6. KA4TMT

KA4TMT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Look up STEALTH MARKETING. The whole point of stealth marketing is to market to people and get the associated products into their heads without their explicitly knowing that it is actually a big commercial. All these people reviewing these items fall into what is called Stealth Marketing Covert Agents. Undercover marketing agents joining a forum, online community, or specialty message board to start conversations with other members about a target product, generating a buzz. Although it is not illegal (in some cases it can be) many consumers consider it unethical. Can anyone assume they are getting a trustworthy review from a commercial? Is it really a review? Its an infomercial! Do not get mad at people for calling it what it is! Its not the job of the consumer to please the advertiser.

CE3FJK, KL7KN, KJ7OES and 3 others like this.
  7. WI9LL

WI9LL Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't watch the video so I don't know what all happened but as a general rule of thumb, if you review a product you received for free and you don't disclose that information you are breaking laws. Laws set in place to protect us as consumers as well as the creators of the content. If you don't disclose you are putting yourself as well as your audience at risk. Not only are you breaking laws but losing trust in the process as well as being dishonest with your audience. It can also get you in legal trouble(I would assume fines) if someone were to report it.

I've seen Frank questioned several times on how he obtained the bag and he appears to have skirted around the question and not answered. That is the behavior of someone that is hiding something. If you get the item for free, cool beans. Just disclose that info and you're good. You can say whatever you want about it after that, no problem. In this particular case it would be at least once in the video, in the description below, and definitely if someone asks. I'm not hating, but I do want honesty.

Just be honest people.

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/plain-language/1001a-influencer-guide-508_1.pdf

K9TDW, W5CJA, KA0USE and 2 others like this.
  8. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

9. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

KA0USE and KE0GXN like this.
  10. KA0USE

well, THAT was a 3-snorter!
    my ultra-bad.

WN1MB likes this.
  11. KA0USE

in my like, totally misspent youth, i tried swisher sweets.
    put me off anything cherry flavored for a long time.

KQ1V likes this.
  12. KA0USE

fair question.

13. W9EBE

W9EBE Subscriber QRZ Page

KQ1V likes this.
  14. WW7GBA

WW7GBA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice setup.

Louis WW7GBA

15. W2PDN

W2PDN Ham Member QRZ Page

I am still waiting to hear if you purchased the bag or it was given to you for a review. This is important, and needs to be answered. Also, you REALLY shouldn't advertise on the air.

K9TDW, K0LWC, W5CJA and 2 others like this.