ad: Halibut-1

New quantum receiver the first to detect entire radio frequency spectrum

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K7MHI, Feb 7, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. AJ6KZ

AJ6KZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty much, although I'm sure the intent is "defense" and not self-destruction. That just seems to be way of things. Technological advances come at a faster rate than moral and ethical advances. There is always a lag.

2. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WE AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET AS FAR AS "QUANTUM COMM. GEAR"!!! THE BAIN OF HAM RADIO on HF IS??? NOISE OF COURSE!!! Soon a weak signal to begin with and then throw on top of that signal "MAN MADE NOISE", we're not talking about static noise we all hear, it will be able to ELIMINATE ALL NOISE for practicable purposes and then convert ALL NOISE PULSES to the "Dust-Bin" so to speak!!! In other words a SIGNAL THAT WILL BE PERFECTLY HEARD-MINUS THE "MAN-MADE CRAP" we as Hams HEAR EVERYDAY!!!

It probably won't happen in my "BABY-BOOMER GEN." but it will "HAPPEN!!!"

3. PY2NEA

PY2NEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Qual e quanto você tem?
    Kant quite quarrelled with Queen Mary «A Quanto into a Squalo, ain't it squalid!»

4. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

BAOFENG is to announce a CB version next month! :(

Pheel

WD4IGX, WN1MB, K4MOE and 2 others like this.
  5. PY2NEA

PY2NEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Included, Alipay account, 6G and IoT.

6. KG7HVR

KG7HVR Ham Member QRZ Page

NO PICS OF ANYTHING REAL HERE. HOW ABOUT GET A RTL SDR AND GO PLAY WITH YOUR DONGLE.
    QRZ...THE NEW GARBAGE DUMP FOR POOPTUBERS AND WEIRD STUFF AND PEOPLE WHO WANT ATTENTION AND FAME.

G7DAZ likes this.
  7. N4FJC

N4FJC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Speaking of RADIO telescope REPAIR... There is something in Puerto Rico the US wants you to take a look at... ;)

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

They are playing 'pin the blame on the donkey' right now....:D

WQ4G likes this.
  9. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

They are only waves until you look...

WQ4G

KR3DX likes this.
  10. N0NC

N0NC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"full spectrum of radio frequency and real-world signals"
    My Rig does that now! Picks up cellphone chargers, Plasma TVs, washing machines, all the wall warts.......

73, Chuck
    N0NC

WN1MB, WQ4G, AJ6KZ and 2 others like this.
  11. KI7PLU

KI7PLU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just by 'listening' to it, you change the frequency and therefore can never hear it.

WD8TA, K1XS and KR3DX like this.
  12. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nothing new. Backing 61 I had Heathkit Tower that herd the whole spectrum all the tme Then there was it's cousin the AR3........

WD4IGX and WN1MB like this.
  13. KK6YAE

KK6YAE Ham Member QRZ Page

I love me some waves that are made out of waves of other waves. We got these lines that are like, waves of force, that effect these other waves of some other force. It's a magical force. It comes from noplace land, and transforms into nowhere point. If you decide to only look at one small section of it, we call it a Particle.

just remember it moves like a wave. A wave of nothing place, no where point, and everything you call real, is made out of it.

Your body/mind is actually the best SDR ever invented. Because it's made out of the same waves it tunes in.

oh man, I need to get some shut eye... Time to tune into a new band.

KG5ILP likes this.
  14. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

So do you know what makes 'mad scientists' mad?

Calculus.....

WQ4G

AJ6KZ likes this.
  15. WD8TA

WD8TA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My mind immediately turns to ways to mess it up and cause it to produce errant results by various means. Nothing like this will ever be put to good use (providing something way more sophisticated isn't already out there).
    Frightening that you really understand the quantum. 73