ad: CQMM-1

13 Colonies Special Event

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KU2US, May 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member QRZ Page

I've got them all in the bag except GB13COL. They are apparently on 20 CW this morning, but I have not heard a peep. Looking at the DX cluster, it seems a number of folks are struggling to get through.

I would have a clean sweep if I get 'em. And if K2I would do CW, I would have a clean sweep via CW.

Oh well, it's fun no matter the outcome.

M1WML, WA6MHZ, W4LJ and 1 other person like this.
  2. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

CLEAN SWEEP U.S.A. on CW (except for GB13COL) - GB13COL now working EXTRA's only on 14011 (NO chance for Advanced or Generals) :(

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    M1WML likes this.
  3. KC7YRA

Even being an Extra, I've yet to hear more than a single dit out of them. West coast might be hosed, but we'll see.

On a happy note, I just snagged K2I on 20 CW for a clean sweep of everything (except GB) via CW. SO I got that going for me LOL

M1WML and W5BIB like this.
  4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

West Coast is ALWAYS SOL on the GB13COL. Maybe some of the top contestors with SuperStations can get thru with their 13 Element 20 Meter beams, but not me on a G5RV!

M1WML and KC7YRA like this.
  5. W5BIB

From what I read on the 13 Colonies site, you don't need WM3PEN or GB13COL to qualify for the "Clean Sweep" certificate. I think those are "Extra Points" stations.

See lower left corner of certificate - "All 13 Colony States Clean Sweep" :)
    [​IMG]

:D

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    M1WML and KC7YRA like this.
  6. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Pileups have been crazy. I haven't logged a single station. :(

M1WML likes this.
  7. KD4ULD

KD4ULD Ham Member QRZ Page

Has anybody heard K2M PA? I have worked everybody except K2M and GB13Col.

M1WML likes this.
  8. KC7YRA

K2M is currently being spotted on both 20 and 40 meters, but I'm not hearing them here (Wyoming). I snagged them last night on 40 CW and they were rocking and rolling through the pileup pretty quickly

M1WML likes this.
  9. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

I've heard western stations calling him on the bottom of 20 for the last couple of days, but not a speck of sig here. I think the GB was my last for all 2 yrs ago, and that was the only time I hrd him, ever.
    Mike N3PM

M1WML, W5BIB and KD4ULD like this.
  10. KD4ULD

KD4ULD Ham Member QRZ Page

Man I take a break and miss K2m.

M1WML likes this.
  11. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you familiar with DXSummit spotting site? Good place to see where K2M may be hiding.
    Good Luck
    Mike N3PM

M1WML likes this.
  12. W5BIB

Ah... you've got three more daze ;):D

M1WML and KD4ULD like this.
  13. KG4QIQ

KG4QIQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just a thought here. Have your operators call by call groups AA1,BA2, CA3, DA4... etc. and avoid the pileups. You are able to minimize the pile up instead of a free for all. 73
    Scott KG4QIQ

M1WML likes this.
  14. KC7YRA

K2M is loud and clear (for me anyway) on 14.030 at the time of this post. Not much of a pileup either.

M1WML, K9ASE, NX3W and 1 other person like this.
  15. NX3W

NX3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Got my first 13 colonies contact the other night with a wire strung over a tree limb on my FT-450D. Super fun--Spoke with K2F in Maryland. Hi, Randy!

M1WML and WN1MB like this.