ad: QSLWorks-1

ARRL' Becky Schoenfeld abs Kris Bickell discuss initiatives and plans to help hams grow

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5ATA, May 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W7JET

W7JET Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Copy all

If you haven't checked out Eric 4Z1UG's QSO today I highly recommend you do. He does a great job with interviews.

W1YW likes this.
  2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Let me refresh your memory. In response to some belly aching about the cost of League membership:
    ;)
    However, since the complainant has reported me for abuse, I'm going to mind my Ps and Qs.

Wait! No I'm not!

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

So..KA3MOT DID confuse me and you.

Rule of thumb to KA3MOT--if you want to accuse someone of some 'unsavory' activity, be sure you get the right person....

I am not a 'social justice warrior' either....

KA3MOT--You owe me an apology ,sir.

As it stands, I really feel KA3MOT has issues and is best steered away from.

Others may have different opinions, which work for them.

4. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

This has all been so controversial that I defied curfew, got out of the house and went to BK. :p

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    AB4KA, WN1MB and W1YW like this.
  5. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Indeed, because ... ♬ ♬ you deserve a break today... ♬ ♬

WJ4U likes this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well played:)!

7. KA3QOT

KA3QOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Reported for harassment.

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

My apologies: Dennis's call is KA3QOT.

He made ad hominem attacks up on me, alluding to a disparaging comment about (of all things) McDonald's, which was actually stated by someone else--not me.

He also accused me of being a SJW (read; social justice warrior). That is a dangerous statement in these anarchic times, especially as I am not in any way of that politcal part of the spectrum.

I am entitled to my opinion that this failure to accurately portray me, even in a denigrating way, and to fail to correct his error on who made an allegedly harrassing comment to him, are indicative of a question of stability(that is, 'issues') in my eyes. As I said, your opinion may differ.

Dennis should apologize and move forward with a positive mien, IMO.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  9. W5CJA

W5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Seriously, none of these last comments are necessary for a public forum and are best done via DM. I'm not defending anyone's behavior, but this is all very petty.

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Everyone has a right to defend themselves against public accusations, which in this case are false, and are doubly damning because the person (KA3QOT) confused me with someone else's comments, and did not retract.

Why should I have to live with archived comments that were not corrected, or at least shown to be wrong ? Think about it-- should I have to respond to a government query (for example, in a clearance vetting) that I am a 'Social Justice Warrior'? I have been a security officer (FSO) --these sort of queries do happen; vetting strongly includes internet comments, in this case made by others. Calling anyone an 'SJW' NOW is a red tag to investigation of that person in some circles. IOW it creates the potential for a problem for the person named, and not necessarily the person calling.

Better to cut them off at the bud before they come back later: Best to correct publicly stated faleshoods with fact.

I am only interested in constructive comments on the topic here.

Have a pleasant evening in these very troubling times we live in.

Chip W1YW

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  11. W5CJA

W5CJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is an online ham radio forum. Simply report the post and move on. There is no need for anyone to defend themselves.

12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your well wishes.

13. W5ESE

W5ESE Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree that this can be useful; but I would submit that it's already being done, although without involvement from the ARRL.
    Just some enterprising individual radio amateurs. 'Ham Radio Crash Course', 'QRP School', etc. They're not going to do it better than Josh. They just aren't. There is good stuff out there already.

I guess I would prefer that the ARRL would direct it's limited resources to maintaining quality at QST, the QSL incoming/outgoing bureaus, Washington representation, Contesting/Awards, and not try to compete with the enterprising individuals that are already doing a good job with YouTube content. I do think they need more QST content that is relevant to Technician class licensees.

WJ4U and W1YW like this.
  14. W5ESE

I like their coffee.

AB4KA and W1YW like this.
  15. W5ESE

I would submit that QST needs more advertisers. If MFJ ever decided to drop their ads, the league would be in huge trouble.
    They used to have many small ads from QSL card printers, mom & pop ham radio stores, EIMAC, RCA, Associated Radio, etc. Everyone seems to buy from HRO or Amazon these days.

But the number of distinct AR suppliers and manufacturers seems to be plummeting

K4FMH, W7JET and W1YW like this.