ad: ProAudio-1

ARRL' Becky Schoenfeld abs Kris Bickell discuss initiatives and plans to help hams grow

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5ATA, May 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K5ATA

K5ATA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

KG4BFR, W0MSN and KC5HWB like this.
  2. K5ATA

K5ATA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry about the typo in the title. That's what I get for posting this from my phone with no glasses.

NN6A and KC5HWB like this.
  3. KA3QOT

KA3QOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't be fooled.

This is all about filling the league's coffers. They're losing members like me and new hams aren't joining.

It's a bit about education, but it's primarily about boosting ARRL's membership and selling their overpriced products with really expensive shipping.

KB1QYH, N3EG, KT4RC and 1 other person like this.
  4. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

that may be the lamest youtube of all time. it's completely unwatacble! the first 12 minutes are "can you hear me now, how about now?" how about learning to edit before posting it!?!? And why is the host shown continuously, he's not interesting? the slides are too small to read. why aren't they full screen, with the speaker in a cameo box? And what was that win10 update popup over the lady gurest? Geeeze this is like 7th grade A/V stuff!!

TL;DR: complete waste of time, 0 of 10 would watch again.

K0BAK, KT4RC, WN1MB and 2 others like this.
  5. KM4KGN

KM4KGN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You hit the nail on the head...

N3EG, N3FAA and KA3QOT like this.
  6. KD4LT

KD4LT Ham Member QRZ Page

You got that right I'm done with the ARRL , all I wanted is the QSL service to work but with no help from the section managers that's it.

N3EG, N3FAA and KA3QOT like this.
  7. KA3QOT

This video was horrible. We don't need to see the face of the host all the time and way too many glitches that should have been edited out.

WN1MB likes this.
  8. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Well that went over well. :rolleyes:

N3FAA and KA3QOT like this.
  9. KA3QOT

What a disaster in every way.

N3FAA likes this.
  10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't get this statement.

If you don't have new hams then its axiomatic that you don't get new members. If you don't give these new hams a 'value equation' for ARRL membership then they have no reason to join. No one forces anyone to be a new ham, and no one forces ANYONE to join the ARRL.

Are you saying people don't have free will?

ARRL has a mission to promote amateur radio. Period.

So, explain to us why the ARRL is NOT acting in the best interest of getting and keeping active, new hams?

I mean, really: we have this great , positive, initiative from the ARRL--finally!-- and you diss it without any good reason, let alone an ALTERNATIVE...

Dennis, what would YOU want the ARRL to do to promote amateur radio to new hams?

Chip W1YW

NN6A, KG5THG, AI4BJ and 2 others like this.