ad: Mountaingoat-1

M6.7 Quake from Turkey effects 40 m Net in North America

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VE7DXW, Jan 24, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VE7DXW

VE7DXW Ham Member QRZ Page

2. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

VE7DXW and K7GYB like this.
  3. KA4TMT

KA4TMT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Funny if you come on and even slightly agree with the original post and you instantly get a like from the original poster? Ask for any kind of proof to validate the outrageous claims and the silence is deafening. Show me anything that ties the Turkey earthquake to west coast propagation besides coincidence. There have been 14 earthquakes worldwide 6.0 magnitude or greater in the past 3 weeks alone!! How many showed up on the RF seismograph? there have been over 450 above 4.5 magnitude in the past 30 days alone. Did you get those? The fact that a lot of the time "by your own admission in your ARRL article" you get nothing or get something and no quake ought to be a clue of something being random and unconnected. But its enough to make wild claims that are stated as fact that cant be backed up. There are satellites placed directly over earthquake zones that looked for this phenomenon look up the findings! Magnetic and electromagnetic sensors placed all around earthquake areas and during large quakes what was measured? You can find the actual findings from real scientists. I have a better chance of proving that aliens were attempting to jam 40 meters than the Turkey earthquake did. These bold claims with no follow on data posted here showing any link besides coincidence even when requested equal zero credibility.

KR3DX likes this.
  4. N3HGB

N3HGB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

KR3DX likes this.
  5. KM4FVI

KM4FVI Ham Member QRZ Page

Very interesting....!

6. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmm.... It has been shown recently (and perhaps historically also) that wild claims stated as fact, and which can not be backed up, are perfectly acceptable and are indeed accepted as FACT by many people. Truth is not fact and non-facts are truths. Up is down, down is up, day is night, night is day, right is left and wrong is right. I believe there are several reason for this; one BIG one IMO is Social Media.

Now days, when communicating with others, I believe nothing of what I hear and only half of what I see unless I am personally familiar with the person.

Mankind has searched for ways to predict things and/or prove things since the beginning of time. There have been many doubters in the past and lots of stuff that has not proven out. But, once in a while someone hits on something useful. Let us hope, instead of laughing and ridiculing, that the guy is onto something that might be useful. Imagine how many lives could be saved if we could predict, with accuracy, where and when an Earthquake will occur.

Dan WQ4G

VE7DXW likes this.
  7. KC8UD

KC8UD Ham Member QRZ Page

Such as...Evolution.

VE7DXW, WR2E and AC0OB like this.
  8. N3HGB

N3HGB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Simple experiments:
    If someone has a random month of "RF Seismograph" readout without knowing what month or year it is, can they mark all the earthquakes they see and then when the actual date/time is provided, have them match actual earthquakes?
    Can someone using this " "RF Seismograph" in real time mark "earthquake about to happen" and then have that prediction come true? How often? 100%? 50%? 5%?
    How many earthquakes are there? If I just start randomly picking days and times, how many would I "predict"?
    [​IMG]
    Do women change the stock market with their clothing choices?

KR3DX likes this.
  9. KN4ZUJ

KN4ZUJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wonder if there is a way to use the bands to predict the earthquake in advance by seeing a disruption in the Bands?

VE7DXW likes this.
  10. VE7DXW

If you hava a far UV camera on the ISS one could see the field lines through the ion recombining action of the ozon. A.

11. KA4TMT

Another unprovable statement to prove the point, anyone seen a picture of earths field lines?? Even NASA has diagrams to demonstrate but not pictures. But real time pictures?? with a far UV camera?? Lets see they needed a 30 METER radio telescope to get a picture of what they believe to be a field line coming from the center of our galaxy!! Notice the statement if you have a camera not a camera was used on the ISS since that would imply actual data that would have to be shown. Here is an actual fact, 3 satellites were placed over earthquake zones to measure total electron count TEC to see if there was an energy release into the atmosphere associated with an earthquake. Scientists decided that it was not related, Large earthquake and no rise in TEC, large rise in TEC no earthquake. Again a rise in TEC means better propagation because there is an increase in electrons in the Ionosphere so with the 300 plus days we just spent in the bottom of the solar cycle earthquakes causing TEC increases would have been much easier to spot after all there are inosondes placed around the world measuring it.

KR3DX and N0TZU like this.
  12. VE7DXW

This is the space craft that has done exacly that:
    https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/6226/image-spacecraft-pictures-aurora

Unfortunately it is lost.... A

13. KA4TMT

I wonder if there is a way to use the bands to predict the earthquake in advance by seeing a disruption in the Bands? Was the original question that was asked by a OP on the thread. YOUR answer "If you have a far UV camera on the ISS one could see the field lines through the ion recombining action of the ozon. A." YOUR response is an old picture of the aurora borealis that was caused by a solar flare? This picture and link does not show anything to do with earthquake induced disruption being observed or being observable?? The IMAGE satellite was on mission for 5 years and made a huge amount of discoveries but none that showed earthquakes causing disruptions. It did discover this! Could you be picking this up instead of earthquakes?

IMAGE has brought into clear focus the source of Earth's mysterious radio emission. This powerful radiation has a wavelength of about one-half mile and appears to be generated in the plasmasphere. Satellite images show gaps in the plasmasphere, and these regions seem to be where the radio signals come from. The radio source produces a narrow beam of radiation that is largely confined to the gaps in the plasmasphere. The exact mechanism that generates these gaps is not completely understood.
    https://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/discoveries/n7.html

KR3DX and VE7DXW like this.
  14. VE7DXW

IMAGE did not specifically look at earthquakes.... if it did it would have been a fluke.

Would earthquakes fit the bill for the energy gap?

How come, we do get aurora even there was no solar wind, could it be from earthquakes

Alex

15. VE7DXW

The disruption is not through RF-signals, but through ionosphereic shockwaves that make reception difficult, as it happend on that day and on the 28 of Jan. too. A.