ad: QuirkyQRP-1

WSJT-X v2.0.0 by K1JT released - not compatible to earlier versions!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by DH2ID, Dec 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K7UU

K7UU Ham Member QRZ Page

That SSL issue in Section 3.1 of the Help file is a bit more involved. There are 3 scenarios mentioned. Once I downloaded the SSL/TLS component, I still had the error message. Then I tried downloading the redistributable...it was already installed so I ran its "Repair." Error still present. Only when I went to the third scenario, ...downloaded and copied the .csv file, did it fix the problem.

MI0NWA likes this.
  2. AL4Y

AL4Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool. How do I go about installing 2.0 without it installing over 1.9? I am using Windows Vista.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Does WSJT-X 2.0 still support JT modes?

Dave
    W7UUU

4. W9FL

W9FL Ham Member QRZ Page

When the installation program shows the install directory, just specify a different directory. I added a "2" to the directory name, and that worked.

K2NCC likes this.
  5. W9FL

W9FL Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry, I replied to the wrong person.

6. W9FL

W9FL Ham Member QRZ Page

When the installation program shows the install directory, just specify a different directory. I added a "2" to the directory name, and that worked.

AL4Y likes this.
  7. W9FL

W9FL Ham Member QRZ Page

I was on 20, 30, and 40M around 4 PM central time, and saw very many stations with ver 2.0. From my end it was about 3 to 1 using ver 2 vs old ver.

WU8Y and WZ4K like this.
  8. WZ4K

WZ4K Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm generally not an early adopter and was reluctant to upgrade thinking the ratio would be similar to your thinking. There is a version 2.0 user in a state I need for 5BWAS - so I upgraded. I AM VERY HAPPY I UPGRADED!! I'm conducting way more QSOs now that I upgraded as the Grid Chase begins to wane. (still need VT on 15m ;) I highly recommend upgrading!

WU8Y and K2NCC like this.
  9. ZL3DW

ZL3DW Ham Member QRZ Page

I upgraded to V2 and noticed an immediate increase in the number of signals being decoded, so I believe that more than 50% have updated their software already.

WU8Y and W9FL like this.
  10. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

I am WAY WAY WAY behind. I am still running 1.8 on my computer. I will go ahead and update to 2.0 first thing tomorrow. I am not a programmer and never will be, but I am curious as to what improvements v. 2.0 makes over v 1.9. Yes I understand that they are not compatible. Anyway, I will take Dr. Taylors word for it and upgrade now. I probably won't use the program before 1/1/19 anyway. If I do, I still have the T Model Ford version on my computer. Huh, where did I put that darned crank?

11. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Much ado about nothing IMO... took all of two minutes to download and install and have it up and working.

The 80m waterfall is loaded with signals compared to a just minutes before on 1.9

I installed in a separate directory so the old version still works fine.

Again - much ado about nothing. Easy peasy, worked fine, zero issues, started working immediately with zero setup

Just a data point

I should have tried it sooner!

Dave
    W7UUU

K1AR and K4AGO like this.
  12. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Uh OK.....

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  13. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, you did. You don't release two completely incompatible modems, that can't even identify each other's signals, and call them the same thing.

That's poor protocol design.

14. K6DWI

K6DWI Ham Member QRZ Page

Kinda like Windows, not being able to run some software/hardware after new version.

KD0XL likes this.
  15. WZ4K

WZ4K Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

forget WSJT-X 2.0.....we need to discuss Vista ;)