ad: HamHats-1

ARLB011 Amateur Radio Parity Act Language Inserted in National Defense Authorization Act

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N9PBD, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Based on your myopic viewpoint, it's the ONLY viable way to get on the air.
    However, as I (and many others) have stated many times, it's NOT.
    And, those other ways can be done NOW and without involving HOAs (and HOA's).

2. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don,

I am amused at the foolish folks who think Gee it’s like that in Florida, must be like that all over. But hey, Dorothy, you and Toto are no longer dealing with Florida when were speaking about Louisiana.

Different jurisdictions can vary. Criminal law is another Matter altogether but it spills over to civil law where property rights are involved. A little caveat, I assume in Florida, the HOA has an express permission and implied responsibility in order to enter into another persons property not part of the common grounds . And Louisiana does not have any implied law by our constitution and laws must be written and directly expressed in the civilian tradition of continental Europe.

One sad factoid For the HOAs, Is that a reservation in the cc&r To allow the community associations to enter on to the property to inspect is severely curtailed. For the most part, the rule we Call, air is free on the street, dictates that private property Is sacrosanct and that entry must be express and reasonable. Mortgages in Louisiana have an express clause For inspection during reasonable hours. All HOA’s attempt to get an express inspection allowance Called a servitude of entry at closing but it is not required to be signed or agreed to. The HOAs Dues are contained in the CC and Rs BUt our Constitution and Louisiana treats private property a little different.

The point being a CA’s here are kind of constrainted By the limits on what they’re allowed to do on other people’s property as far as discovery. Now Don if they can see it, Hear it feel it, taste or touch it, it is fair game but You cannot breach the peace to get or obtain “evidence” in civil trials unless you go through a discovery process and this is real hard because it does not allow for a fishing trip. As I understand it one time you were an EPA administrative judge so these concepts should be rudimentary. We must uphold the supreme law of the land as it is written and decided.

As elected official, I speak in generalities not specifically to any case.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  3. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I like portable operation in the outdoors too, so no it's not the ONLY viable way to get on the air.

If that's what you're thinking then you are mistaken. Not that you haven't been mistaken before.

N5PZJ likes this.
  4. N5PZJ

Certain types of legal documents can be drafted by a notary public in the State of Louisiana. Louisiana notaries public prepare and draft legal documents of a noncontentious nature (i.e. not for court cases) such as wills, trusts, marriage contracts, articles of incorporation, estate inventories, mortgages, real estate sales contracts, powers of attorney, etc. Aside from drafting, they are also authorized to make inventories, property descriptions, take company minutes, and appraise and convey real estate. Louisiana, along with Puerto Rico, have this exception because prior to inclusion in the United States, both were (and continue to be) under the civil law legal system. Under civil law, notaries are lawyers, which is why in Louisiana notaries are appointed for life and used to be licensed before the advent of practice of law statutes in the 1930s. Louisiana notaries public are not required to be attorneys or otherwise trained in law; however, they do have to pass an extensive exam on notarial law (i.e., the areas of law a notary can draft for - property law, estate law, family law, etc.), they must sign and witness the signing of the documents they draft (notarial acts), and register and file those documents with the local court.[12]

KC8VWM likes this.
  5. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

You haven't taken the Test yet! On the ANSWER KEY: "residence"

6. KC8VWM

Minor inconvenient oversight...

7. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yea... I know what you mean... my neighbours are allowed to look into my house at ANY time. And I think it's just wrong.... Even when I'm GONE, they just Pop In...Like Father Christmas! Ohhh.. actually more like Crampus.... I've called the Police, but they say that if I made my NEIGHBORS stay out of my House, well then, the Tooth Fairy AND The Easter Bunny would never be allowed in either, ever! But I figure I'm ahead in THAT case, because that means that The Grim Reaper isn't even allowed to knock at the front door then, let alone come in. I think the FCC Enforcement Bureau still can, though...which is kinda infair, since I'm licenced AND usually running about three Watts. So There You Have it!

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV Bill

N5PZJ likes this.
  8. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

KC8VWM and N5PZJ like this.
  9. N5PZJ

Santa Claus stays well clear Of Shreveport, Monroe, Alexandria and Lafayette Because of no trespassing signs. Rudolph is getting a little pissed and Blitzen has just about through with Louisiana Because deer season and Christmas happen at the same time.

W8LV likes this.
  10. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

....And Sixty Cycle Hum causes tumours, so the HOA wants him to strip the wire out of all of his house. Hey...a Contract is a Contract, Right?

N5PZJ likes this.
  11. KC8VWM

This is all so entertaining...lol

Kind of like a social experiment.

12. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Also... I heard that after the ARPA passes, EVERY Condo, Ham or no Ham, will be required to have an Isotron Antenna professionally installed after a PE does a Wind Load Study. And they will have to point towards W1AW. This only seems fair to me, by the way.

N5PZJ likes this.
  13. N5PZJ

Hey Charles, want to see a social experiment? Wait until this thing passes, Fred will have to make a special Antenna section just for the entertainment factor!

The FCC comments section will be overloaded on the FCC computer and it will be a longer read than WAR & PEACE! I bet it even surpasses Code/No Code for verbosity with the humor factor of “Blazing Saddles”.

Apologies to Saints Gilda, Madeline and Gene, their genius was taken too soon.

KC8VWM likes this.
  14. KC8VWM

In terms of wind loading, I think turning on the AC will result in the antenna crashing down just like a 10' stack of aluminum beer cans at a college sorority party.

15. KC8VWM

Perhaps a counselor will be made available should anyone wish to talk about their ARPA issues.

N5PZJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.