ad: Halibut-1

Micro-Node International, 'Nano-Node DV' Digital Radio Hotspot

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K7IZA, Feb 7, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K7IZA

K7IZA Ham Member QRZ Page

Introducing the NANO-DV Hotspot from Micro-Node International

The Nano-DV Hotspot is a complete Plug-N-Play solution for linking with D-STAR DCS, XRF and REF reflectors as well DMR, P25 and Fusion reflectors. The hotspot includes a built in 70 cm transceiver for communicating with the various digital handheld radios from ICOM, Yaesu, Motorola, Connect System and Tytera. All hotspot control and monitoring functions are accessed using the built in LCD touch screen graphical user interface.

The Nano-DV Hotspot is perfect mobile solution and only requires an internet connection (Wired CAT5 or WiFi) and a 5VDC@500ma maximum power source.

For more information please send email to sales@micro-node.com

Attached Files:

K2NCC likes this.
  2. NC5P

NC5P Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like it's running the DV4mini software inside. A bit pricey compared to DV4mini alone but it is all in one little box with a display. Would be great for travel. I really enjoy the DV4mini. Mostly use it for P25 and D-Star but have used it on Fusion and DMR as well.

K2NCC likes this.
  3. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting... after an announcement their website doesn't even mention the Nano-DV, only the Nano-Node.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

4. DK5DC

DK5DC Ham Member QRZ Page

To me, being a User of the dv4mini Raspberry Pi combination, it looks like they put the dv4mini, a raspberry and a raspi display in a neat cabinet. which isn't that bad anyway. Most difficult in Amateur Radio homebrewing is finding or building a cabinet.....

5. W2MGF

W2MGF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Any videos ??

6. KG5JBC

KG5JBC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Awesome piece of equipment. It is everything that Mark says in his introduction. Many of us have tried to mimic this little unit but have not found a solution to an "all encompassed package" where the dv4mini and the RPi are bundled together making less items to carry. This unit to go portable only requires a hotspot (being either your phone or a separate hotspot) and a battery just like one would use to charge a cell phone and then you are portable!!! I have used it portable on my 1 1/2 hour trip to work and then back and only had issues when I got surrounded by trucks or in low spots where cell coverage was not great. I applaud the work that Mark has done. It is first class and doesn't require the user to know Linux or how to program. Input your personal information into the unit and you are up and running in 5 minutes! Questions? My email is on my QRZ page. Jerry, KG5JBC

7. VE3GOB

VE3GOB Ham Member QRZ Page

A fellow ham bought one at Dayton. It will NOT do XRF reflectors. An update to fix this was promised soon at point of sale but it is now almost dec and no update. He says he has reached out to the company on several occasions but no one has returned his inquiry. Since all we use up here is xrf he now has an unused expensive paperweight and no support to fix it.

So buyer beware. The stated abilities are incorrect.

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Can you do Allstar with your setup ?

9. KJ7LRH

KJ7LRH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Have they fixed the XRF problem. Also, where can I find one to purchase? No info on web about sales or ordering

10. NS3L

NS3L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The company went out of business about a year ago....

11. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Subscriber QRZ Page

As did Wireless Holdings who made the DV4Mini.
    However, if you happen to have a DV4Mini you can get updated software for it at xreflector-
    http://www.xreflector.net/

12. KQ0J

KQ0J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to hear that. I had a Nano node and it was a good piece of gear. I sold it a few years back after I moved from an area where IRLP was
    more popular. Glad I did now I guess.

13. KB8ZUN

KB8ZUN QRZ Lifetime Member #350 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Has anyone a good number or email for Mark Guibord / K7IZA? I spoke to him about two months ago via phone. He agreed to repair two of my Nano Nodes. I sent them to him and have not heard a peep from him since. I have left dozens of voice mails and text messages. I tried to email him but it got kicked back. Not sure what his deal is but it stinks that he has several hundred dollars of my equipment and won't return a call or the nodes.