ad: MyersEng-1

San Jacinto Radio Ham arrested

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. Not only are they bashing a person who has not been convicted of any crime, they are bashing her husband who is not accused of any crime.

Maybe you guys should follow your pattern and accuse the neighbors also....... Don't forget the local club.

And why is it OK to look at a picture and and criticize the person in that picture for the way they look? I'll bet none of you guys are beauty queens either. Calling a person a Meth Addict based on their picture is just wrong. I learned along time ago that you judge people by their deeds, not by their looks.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

2. NQ6U

NQ6U Ham Member QRZ Page

<p>You mean like <a href="http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/04/27/friends-armed-ohio-man-harmless.html?sid=101">this Californian?</a></p>

<p>No doubt, we have our fair share of nutjobs in this state but we don't exactly have a lock on stupid behavior. That's a universal attribute.</p>

3. K8ZBQ

K8ZBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Boy...

This thread needs to die! Ya'll act like a bunch of goobers. I thought HAMS are supposed to be civil. Sounds like a bunch of cackling geese on here. Quit yer gossiping and go out and breath some air.

4. K7DFA

K7DFA Ham Member QRZ Page

5. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Wat, I have never heard her on 435. In fact, until very recently, you couldn't hit the 435 machine from her location.

6. KB1LID

KB1LID Ham Member QRZ Page

Only in the court room. In the court of public opinion, she could be tarred and feathered all day long just for the sport of speculation.

7. DJ2MBA

DJ2MBA Ham Member QRZ Page

Deceptions and menaces(threats) are also avenged here with resumption.But I can´t belive that really ....in as much as no responsible licence operator does using the mistreatments.Therefor to reach licence is difficult enough in Germany anyway.Ought it better that the judgement in USA may be to condone her mitake in her behaviour.I think an transmitting deprivation KJ6CEY´s for more month might be sufficiently.But a jail ??? Anyway not here in DL in direct.Vy 73

8. N1DZS

N1DZS Ham Member QRZ Page

I will admit that I didn't read this thread from end to end but I didn't see any mention of how they found her in just two days. I'm guessing she was either already known to them or was baited into giving out enough info for them to find her. It seems unlikely they were able to df her in such a short time.

9. KI0U

KI0U Ham Member QRZ Page

The difference is their whole operating demeanor. They bring their channel 19 practices to the Amateur bands. Amateur radio has always maintained a higher operating standard than cb and it would be nice to keep it that way. We can do without the 10-4's, I heard that's, Roger Wilco's etc. But as momma always said " You can't fix stupid":D

10. KA5S

KA5S Ham Member QRZ Page

ISTR that our "licenses" reside in electronic form in the FCC database, nor are they canceled unless and until removed from that database as having been.

Which fine point would IMO only tempt THAT Amateur to get on the air again and repeat her misdeeds.

Cortland
    KA5S

11. KC6IIH

KC6IIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Why ??

Other than info saying she is really into CB I can't understand why this gal bothered to learn enough to earn a license .

I am a VE with both the ARRL and the GLAARG and I hope that anyone I test never does something like this .
    I am with others posting that the FCC should not only pull her ticket , but also fine her big time .
    Since she was creating havoc with public safety services she should get the maximum penalty possible .

12. KA1MDA

KA1MDA Ham Member QRZ Page

"Other than info saying she is really into CB I can't understand why this gal bothered to learn enough to earn a license ."

I think you're confusing learning with memorizing. Obviously, she didn't learn anything at all- her test was simply an exercise in memorization.

13. K0JSC

K0JSC Ham Member QRZ Page

You read my mind...the "new" system is cool and being a member of the PS community myself I'm quite familiar with it. I'm also familiar with ALL the failures and problems. Why would I need to send or recieve a text message when I'm in a burning building? It's too much (keep it simple stupid). The whole point was so we could interoperability and the last report I read said we're no closer than we were pre 9/11...after billions out of the tax payers pockets. My local PD and SD encrypt everthing...considering this town is tiny I can't quite figure that out either...

As far as this LID in the current discussion...I can't figure out why she even bothered to get a ticket...I think her problem is too much free time.

14. K0JSC

K0JSC Ham Member QRZ Page

interesting group...enough said...

15. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

There's a big differenct between even learning the rules, and following them. Even "memorizing" she should have been familiar with SOME of the rules; she chose to break them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.