ad: MLSons-1

San Jacinto Radio Ham arrested

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

San Jacinto Radio Ham arrested

SWRNN reports that radio amateur Irene Marie Levy KJ6CEY has been arrested after allegedly making threats on Police and Fire service frequencies.

The report says:

Authorities arrested a 29-year-old San Jacinto woman who investigators said interrupted police and fire radio communications and made threats over the air during a two-day period, said Hemet police Lt. Mark Richards in a news release.

Irene Marie Levy was taken into custody early Monday at her mobile home in the 900 block of South Grand Avenue, Richards said. Levy was booked at the Hemet Police Department Jail on suspicion of making terrorist threats; false report of a bomb threat; and maliciously interrupting, disrupting, impeding, or interfering with the transmission of a public safety radio frequency.

Hemet Police investigators seized 11 radios, seven radio frequency scanners, radio frequency lists, computer equipment, and other miscellaneous radio equipment from Levy’s home. Police also seized Levy’s Ham radio technician’s license issued to her by the FCC in September of 2009, Richards said.

Read the full Southwest Riverside News Network (SWRNN) report at
    http://www.swrnn.com/southwest-rive...arrested-after-making-threats-on-police-radio

Facebook - Irene Marie Levy KJ6CEY
    http://www.facebook.com/irenelevy

Get Southgate Amateur Radio News by Email

Don't wait all week for the news!
    Amateur Radio News - updated daily - 365 days per year

Southgate Amateur Radio News is now on Facebook

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

"When whackers go bad"

The movie: Coming to a screen near you.

3. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

There's too much of this stuff lately. :rolleyes:

4. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope they throw the book at this moron. Hopefully the FCC will also pull her ticket.

5. W5IAY

W5IAY Ham Member QRZ Page

If you look her up on QRZ all the answers are there.
    73,Rich w5iay

6. AE6JM

AE6JM Ham Member QRZ Page

Idiocy at work....

Right down the street...but I find that every organization has its quota of nuts. She should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, maybe share a cell with Jack Gerritsen!

7. K7IN

K7IN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

According to her QRZ profile, she claims to really be a "CB'er at heart". Too bad because she sure gives those who may be good people a bad name. She certainly doesn't deserve to have a ham license!

But, all is not lost, she does serve a very useful purpose - she can always be a bad example.... :eek:

If she was using modified amateur gear opened to use on public service frequencies, she will most likely lose her license and her husband will be under some intense scrutiny as well.... :(

And to think, not even one year into her first ham license and she really blew it.... Not too swift to be transmitting on police frequencies while the cops are sitting outside your door but, hey, they'll never catch me! Right. I hope a judge gives her plenty of jail time! A loss of freedom really makes one a believer - especially if her family needs both incomes to get by. I hope her young son doesn't decide to take after his mom....

It's people like this that give all the rest of our hobby a bad name. But, it takes all kinds to make up a world. I hope she learned a lesson from it all.

8. KE7AJG

KE7AJG Ham Member QRZ Page

hmmm

Apparently you dont have to take a urine test to get your ticket. I hope they
    go after the 11 meter echo mic "audio audio" dude next. I suppose she suffers from an undiagnosed mental illness which really is apparent by looking
    at her qrz page.

9. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder who is loonier? This lady who interfered with Police and Fire frequencies during emergencies, etc or the guy who brought the gun to the airport last week? They're both out there. One thing is for sure, this lady surely does deserve whatever she has coming to her.

10. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ bio pic

She's 29??

Yeah, right.....

11. NY4Q

NY4Q Ham Member QRZ Page

All that info and all that comes to my mind is "She's 29?!?"

Geeperz...

12. NY4Q

NY4Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Well ya beat me to it. Maybe they measure time out there is six land a bit different than we "others".

13. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Her husband is probably not happy about having has scanners seized.

There has been a sudden upsurge in craziness lately.
    What are they putting in the water these days?

14. K8ZBQ

K8ZBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Mercy! what a HAM.

15. AI6DX

AI6DX Ham Member QRZ Page

COME ON! Think about what you just said.... What does the "code" requirement (or lack of) have to do with illegal radio transmissions? Even if she didn't have an amateur license to begin with, she'd probably still be conducting illegal radio transmissions!! Do you really think that just because someone knows the "code," that they wouldn't conduct illegal radio operations/transmissions? It's unfortunate, but illegal radio activity happens by both "no-coders" and "know-coders" alike.

Gimme a break. :cool::cool::cool:

OMGoodness! You are totally correct! She is pure trash and her bio has gone unchecked here. Slipped through the cracks. She's a true Inland Empire hillbilly!
    <!-- / message -->

Last edited: May 3, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.