ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-sarc
ad: l-WarrenG
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: l-tentec

Default Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by N7UR View Post
    GRE America was a major exhibitor at last weekends ARRL National Convention at Pacificon in Santa Clara, California. Nothing that I saw indicated that GRE scanners were going way. In fact, we discussed their exhibiting at the Puerto Rico State Convention in January 2013.
    I saw their booth at Pacificon, too...they had scanners that get all of the new digital modes and one that came preprogrammed by your location..not sure how this rumor got started.

Quote Originally Posted by N0FPE View Post
    After reading thru a couple of threads it looks like GRE is NOT going to make scanners for Radio Shack anymore. It does not say anywhere that they are going to completely stop making them. Now thats not to say this is not the case but there is absolutly no information from GRE to this fact as of now. Its all hype and guess right now. How about everyone wait until there is REAL solid information.

Dan
    It's really possible that they are going to stop making scanners for RadioShack... RadioShack it's not even close to what use to be on the past when the store really was related to RADIO, and DYI electronics.

GRE just came out with the new PSR-120:

http://www.greamerica.com/PSR-120.html

Mike KK2DOG
    www.hamwave.com

Hope this is going to turn out OK. Own two PSR-800s and was looking forward to the PSR-900.

Personally I think this is a bunch of bull puckey! Nothing on the website indicates that they have ceased production.

Quote Originally Posted by K4FUS View Post
    It's really possible that they are going to stop making scanners for RadioShack... RadioShack it's not even close to what use to be on the past when the store really was related to RADIO, and DYI electronics.
    Radio Shack at the moment seems to be at least trying in the DIY area (Arduino, etc...) but I don't know how much interest or follow-through has developed amongst those of us who've bemoaned RS's up-til-now desertion of this area for cell phones and other things.

As for GRE - it's not unheard of for things to look "normal" (big display at Pacificon, etc...) right up to the instant Corporate drops the hammer down.

To TOM, K8ERV

Franklin Furnace, Ohio is located on U.S. RT. #52 East from Portsmouth, New Boston and Wheelersburg....Next town on 52 east is Ironton, South Point......hope this gives you some idea where this little mite town is....lol

N8YN

More and more governmental agencies are going encrypted. I work in public safety radio, and heck, even us technicians have encryption. I think the new Moto APX radios have ADP for a $1 option now with one key, you can load via RSS.

Quote Originally Posted by K4FUS View Post

Roger that! I needed a SO-239 barrel last weekend. I called the local Rat Shack before driving up there. They had no idea what a coax connector is, never mind an SO-239.

It is a business reality that there is insufficient demand to support them being an electronics shop, but c'mon, even the chicken band guys need connectors at times!

"At Radio Shock you have questions; We have no clue"

Question: As anyone on this forum taken 5 minutes to call GRE and either confirm or deny the story?
    No? Why not?
    Oh, wait a minute: If it was printed on the Internet it "must be true... NOT!!!"
    Don't worry: You can all sit there and ruminate over an Internet rumor. Ill do your job for you and will have the information -- hopefully -- in next weeks Amateur Radio Newsline report.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast