ad: elecraft

ZumSpot Hotspot Kit Build

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0LWC, Feb 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WB3HAK

WB3HAK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. KI5CQG

KI5CQG Ham Member QRZ Page

Another option to consider; my hotspot did not come with a display but there are 4 pin headers for OLED or Nextion displays. I added a 400X240 pixel (3.0X1.75 inch) Nextion display.

The display shows more information than what my radio shows when I'm using DMR via Brandmeister network so it's more of a convenience to me. I can get the same information using my Pi-Star dashboard and radio display so the Nextion display wasn't a necessary addition. But it does look cool....ha!

Picture shows the idle screen. I did not do the artwork, that credit goes to Keith – G0FEA

Nextion Display.jpg

KC9ONY likes this.
  3. K7VTT

K7VTT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HRO stopped selling the little $7 "Zum Shim" boards that made it so easy to attach a display to any Pi-based HotSpot; has anyone found anything similar elsewhere? Maybe an "offshore" seller?
    IMG_1425.jpg

4. KE5MC

KE5MC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Mike,
    Do you need one? I bought a second one to use on a Raspberry Pi 4, but it took up to much space. The first one allow me to add a display to a Zumspot and that worked well.

Let me know if your address is good on QRZ. PM me, we can work something out.

Shim.jpeg