ad: MyersEng-1

Why does QRZ list Swains Island as Nth America NOT Oceania

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by VK3EZ, Oct 9, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. VK3EZ

VK3EZ Ham Member QRZ Page

A concern as to why QRZ is listing Swains Island as NA not OC ?
    Additionally why is this happening and a worrying concern is... this a issue that may be throughout the logbook... I have never noticed or checked individually this issue ?
    I know I can manually change it , dont get me wrong however with the available resources QRZ has , WHY is this happening, you would think that everyone concerned with the program would have a country update check preformed and not have the individual account holder have the job to individully check the country assigments , Log4OM is correct I have checked, , Clublog is correct , Lotw does show any country along side it , and I upload from Lotw to QRZ every 2nd day manually ?? ?
    Russell
    E21AZ

Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  2. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

They are using a Vanity callsign not unique to their location. Clublog and others maintain a specific callsign/date database but QRZ does not.
    I think the expedition team can correct this by modifying their Logbook Properties.

3. VK3EZ

VK3EZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I see ... so as I guessed they were not properly organized ... I think they should have discussed this and got it right beforehand , Thanks KP4SX ... It makes it difficult when you think they could at least get this right , so unsuspected users log it as OC ( as it should be ) without checking to see if it logged OC ....I have had so many messages there in Thailand about this as I seem to be the go to guy but I could work out why .... TnX again ...