ad: Flexradio-1

What is a HAREC ?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. PA5COR

PA5COR Ham Member QRZ Page

2. M0TZO

M0TZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just checked, and my 2 Full UK licences (1 was my Uncles old callsign) they are both CEPT equivalent licence call 1 (well that's what's on page 1 of the licences anyway).

3. PA5COR

PA5COR Ham Member QRZ Page

If you have proof of the CW exam you can get the citation if is the Full licnse with CW certificate.( CW included)

;)

4. G8OSN

G8OSN Ham Member QRZ Page

I would say almost certainly YES. The fact you did the "old" exam isn't relevant- I did I even older one (1978).

By the way, I was a it surprised to see this thread. I posted the original information on a UK Instructor's group, was asked if it could be posted to a UK news site, now it is on QRZ. No problem, just suprised at the interest.

Brian
    G8OSN / W8OSN

5. G8OSN

I'm not 100% sure on that- there are always twists and turns in such things. However, as a general principle, reciprocal licenses are UK only- not intended to be used to get a HAREC, claiming further reciprocal licenses or operating priviliges in another country. There is a clause in the license covering this- from memory near the end of section 1- just before it breaks into French.

HOWEVER, it really comes down to the other country. If you've a UK reciprocal and go to another country willing to accept it for either issuing of one of their licenses or reciprocal operting, that is up to them.

Brian
    G8OSN / W8OSN
    www.g8osn.org.uk

6. G8OSN

Same here- my own license and the one I hold on behalf of a school radio club are shown as CEPT 1. Same for my XYL (G6MXR).

Lots of confusion over this probably most of the EU has adopted '02 and that means a CEPT 1 is issued sans CW there. Those still working to '01 may well be issuing CEPT1 and 2 but that is just a transition anomoly.

Brian
    G8OSN / W8OSN
    www.g8osn.org.uk

7. G8OSN

I suspect you mean "Where is BPL deployed over in the UK?"

G0GQK is probably referring to some home networking products which are increasingly common here. These plug into the mains and provided an "ethernet like" link without the need for the normal CAT5 cabling.

These are widely used, esp. by those with using BT (the UK AT&T or "Ma Bell") systems. Figures claiming 500,000 of these units are circulated.

However, confirmed reported complaints are (around) 50, certainly less than 100.

I'm not ignoring, be-littling, or excusing the problems these units cause but the numbers are interesting.

Brian
    G8OSN/W8OSN

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  8. PA2RA

PA2RA Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, I was talking in the past tense. There is only two CEPT classes now:

CEPT 'full' and CEPT 'novice' (this is a new licence class for entry level licences).

So CEPT 1=CEPT 2= Full.

HOWEVER... some countries still require morse proficiency, therefore on your licence is should say 'CEPT class' or 'CEPT class morse included'.

73, Rene PA2RA

9. PA2RA

PA2RA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Brian,

No, that is not an anomaly (check your spelling programme :) )

And morse / no morse has nothing to do with '02 or '01, as you seem to think.

TR 6101: 'holiday licence': allows amateur use in other countries without having to apply for a guest licence.

TR 6102: HAREC guidelines. This defines what exams qualify for a CEPT full licence (and before the morse code abolishment, there were two: A and B (morse included, morse not included)

73 Rene PA2RA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.