ad: wmr-1

Veteran Ham's Final Wishes Fulfilled

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KF7WIS, Dec 7, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WO2E

WO2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice, this is a life time hobby that might also be SK one day but the experience and the joy of making friends all over the world without setting foot out the comfort of your home is priceless. this story is just one example of the wonderful people we all will meet and won't ever forget. the privilege of being part of this radio hobby has been very rewarding god bless and 73.

MI0YLT, MW1CFN and N9NY like this.
  2. KB4KK

KB4KK Ham Member QRZ Page

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS STORY. GOD BLESS YOU!! NC4OK US ARMY SIGNAL CORPS VIETNAM VET 1971-1972

K5JEF likes this.
  3. N9NY

N9NY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wonderful story! Thank you for sharing. No other hobby brings people together during good times and bad. God Bless

MI0YLT and WA6TWJ like this.
  4. KD5ILA

KD5ILA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks to all who helped make this happen. Thanks for your service to this great country Soldier. Glad you had a chance to get on the air again. 73 from this ole Navy Chief.

MI0YLT and WA6TWJ like this.
  5. WA6TWJ

WA6TWJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A very heart warming story to say the least.

MI0YLT likes this.
  6. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

In Brazil perhaps you would say it is "saudade" (?) a word that ought to be adopted into English too.

Obrigado e 73 de João - WØPV

7. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

This is the wonderful, but largely unpublicised aspect of ham radio. I have spoken to many people who are, variously, ill, lonely, depressed, housebound, and blighted by all manner of other afflictions.

I always remember one man, wheelchair-bound, alone in a flat in Bulgaria, who told me that, without amateur radio, he would never speak to another person from one day to the next.

Some care homes in the UK allow antennas on their grounds and buildings, which is great. But I think there could be a very large benefit to individuals and the healthcare system if radio could be made available to very many more people in some way - perhaps on some kind of collective 'club'-like basis.

MI0YLT likes this.
  8. KE4ILG

KE4ILG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for bringing this uplifting story. I am proud of those who assisted this hero one last wish. 73 Mike ke4ilg GySgt USMC Retired

MI0YLT likes this.
  9. KN4EWI

KN4EWI Ham Member QRZ Page

Old soldiers never die, they simply fade away. 73s WA2EQJ from KN4EWI.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  10. DK6TL

DK6TL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you so much for sharing!!!
    73s from Germany
    Thorsten, DK6TL

MI0YLT likes this.
  11. K4KID

K4KID Ham Member QRZ Page

Well that story lit up my tubes. I do hope that John enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed reading about it.
    John, may you have courage in this battle and may your family have courage too.
    Terry

KE4YMX and K3BOA like this.
  12. 2E0BMP

2E0BMP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great story brought a big lump to my throat

13. VE3PNE

VE3PNE Ham Member QRZ Page

73's VE3PNE

14. KD0WGB

KD0WGB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

15. KD0WGB

KD0WGB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Very awesome.. Just shows there is still humanity in this world.