ad: Retevis-1

Shortwave’s Newest Broadcaster Takes to the Air at 7:00 pm Eastern on Oct. 31

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC1APY, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB0HAW

KB0HAW Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone can listen to CFZM. 50,000 Watts AM-Stereo from Toronto, or listen online at AM740.ca
    I really enjoy BBSN with George Jonescu. Sorry to drop an advert, but here goes:
    http://www.zoomerradio.ca/category/shows/big-band-sunday-night/
    No, I don't work there, just a listener.

2. K2AYE

K2AYE Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi kc1apy -kc2zrf here and to wish you well on the new broadcast.( 9395) I hope you can plug into ham radio like the cuban station does.He has a segment on all sorts of ham tech. Thats how i started to get into ham radio .Listening to (SWL ). I bought a Icom rc-75 just to listen to sw Then started to follow all the signals out there .What a great reciever .GOOD :)LUCK And we will be listening in on frequency 9395 AND EVERYONE ENJOY THE RADIO!! 73s

3. K4VWS

K4VWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Note about English SW broadcasts from The Netherlands: Many people will think that this means Radio Netherlands Worldwide (RNW), which had extensive and very interesting English programming to N.Am. for many years. However, RNW ceased broadcasting in English in June 2012. According to the 2014 WRTH, there are two Dutch SW stations that do broadcast in English: Shortwave Rock on 6045 kHz to Europe, and The Mighty KBC on 7375 kHz to N.Am. and on 6095 kHz to Europe.

73, Steve, K4VWS

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  4. AF4RZ

AF4RZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I was thinking the same thing. 7:00 PM Eastern will be 2300 UTC Friday, and Saturday as well. DST ends at 2:00AM Eastern Sunday (11/2). So, Sunday 7:00 PM Eastern will be 0000 UTC.

5. KC8RLU

KC8RLU Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah, good old Zoomer Radio! I'm only about 400 miles Northwest of them (as the crow flies) and can DX them with my Radio Shack DX-402 in my bedroom. Good 24 hour programming!

73s de KC8RLU

6. KC5MO

KC5MO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So far Global 24 is in the noise floor more times than not making it rare to hear them. Anyone else having trouble receiving them? I have found a vertical antenna works best.

Herb KC5MO

7. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

in the noise right now, see what happens in a few hours when we have local daylight.

8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

I see one of the primary news providers to this station is Democracy Now a red flag to be sure.

9. AA9G

AA9G Ham Member QRZ Page

A red flag for what? And it's not a 'Primary news provider'. It's an independently produced radio show.

And yeah it's weird. I can be getting it pretty well one second and the next it's gone. Poof. But I like the variety of stuff they have.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  10. KC5MO

When they were new I was thinking that they would have a signal like WWCR, but that isn't the case at all. WWCR uses Rhombic antennas and Global 24 uses verticals. Is it possible that I am getting over shot? It just seems to me with the amount of power they are running I should be able to hear them 24/7.
    Just like AA9G said, " And yeah it's weird. I can be getting it pretty well one second and the next it's gone.", same thing here just about every morning ( 10:30z ). I need to poen my ARRL antenna book and read up on the two types and learn more about the propagation and takeoff angles.

11. KD0NPT

KD0NPT Ham Member QRZ Page

12. KC5MO

9395 kHz is correct.

13. KC5MO

14. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

I can hear it right now. Barely. In the floor, but I heard the callsign, so I know its it.

I'll write the freq down and listen for it over a few days.

15. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Same here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.