ad: TinyPaddle-1

QSO Today Podcast - Gordon "Gordo" West WB6NOA

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by 4Z1UG, Aug 26, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've experienced this twice in contests from two celebrity hams. I think that some think the hobby belongs to themselves.

I used Gordo's license class manuals for novice through advanced. He was a big help.

AJ6KZ likes this.
  2. KC5JSR

KC5JSR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I too have Mr. Gordo to thank for my ticket, thank you so much Mr. West and 73'
    De KC5JSR
    Sincerely, John C.

3. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

@K1OIK did you listen to this podcast Burt? It has narration.

4. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That is great. I would have listened but I was too busy arranging my contest log for Sweepstakes.

MM0IMC likes this.
  5. VK4HAT

I thought you would be right onto this one seeing you are a fan and all and a big fan of narration ;)

WAIT, you did a contest. Mr Burt 59 TU is evil contests are bad? HAHAHAHA. Wonders never cease.

6. K1OIK

Sometimes when a poor soul calling CQ contest with no answer I feel sorry and give him a point.
    Speaking of Gordo I once heard him give a talk about his favorite ham.
    Are you the same guy who accused me of never getting on CW and then when I proved to you otherwise, I heard nothing more?

7. VK4HAT

Arnt you the guy i accused of trolling and you denied it only to make a video where you boast about how you troll youtube because you cant troll here anymore without getting banned again?

Out of the 2 crimes here, which is worse?

8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Ooooooohh, pick me pick me! :cool:

9. K1OIK

No. Once again you have made an unfounded accusation. Every thing in bold is false.
    But getting back to Gordo, who you think is his favorite ham?

10. VK4HAT

I would go and watch your own video again. I was not the only one who understood what you were saying was you like to post nice narration on videos with the intent to upset people, nd that you cannot do those kinds of things on QRZ because you would get banned again. So no, you are incorrect here, this kind of thing Burt is the very literal definition of trolling. And that you are an internet troll, even if you do not see it because narcissism means you have to be always right.

Is the reason why you don't like Gordo because in many ways you and he have the exact same personality? I have never seen two humble men have an issue with each other in the ways that two boastful men do. All you need to do is refer to yourself in the 3rd person and you would have the Gordo nailed.

11. K1OIK

I have already classified your comments in the first paragraph.
    I have nothing to boast about in ham radio, after 59 years my top code speed is 20 WPM, it took me 55 years to get WAS, 40 years to get DXCC and I only have 190 countries, I never built anything of substance, the ARRL removed 20 years ago as a VE because of my opinions, so provide evidence of me boasting. Because as related to ham radio I have nothing to boast about.
    Everyone loves and admires Gordo.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  12. KE4YAF

KE4YAF Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice to see the Kenwoods in the shack Gordo!!! See you in Orlando for Hamcation as always!!!
    Ray

13. VK4HAT

Whose opinions would you be willing to accept as evidence? Probably no ones, because plenty of people have said similar things in various threads here, plenty of people have blocked you because you are a troll. But the only person who does not accept any of these opinions as being true is you. You know what they call someone who is always right dont you? A narcissist, and perhaps that is why you don't like Gordo. He and you are very much alike.

14. K1OIK

Personal insults, really?

15. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]