ad: Schulman-1

QSL for non-hams?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by W1EMT, May 5, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Like N6HCM said, VEs have all the time in the world for someone that wants to up their game. Go for it!

2. W1EMT

W1EMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool, so just to make sure I'm understanding this, the 'logbook' button is for 2-way contact, and the 'web' button can be used if I receive someone, but don't transmit back?

[​IMG]

P.S. I passed. Woo hoo =) Got my tech and general. The VE asked if I wanted to take the Extra, and I was like, sure, why not? Didn't pass, haha. I didn't study for that one at all, or even look at a practice test, so I pretty much had no idea for most of those questions. I think I got 28 or so correct, so I'm OK with that for just taking a stab. Maybe I will try again at some point, but I don't think I really need it now. I'm very interested in getting on the HF bands, but it's tricky now because I don't have a good situation for an outdoor antenna, plus it's a lot of gear to buy. Wish it was as easy as SWL-ing. I basically bought and SDR, made a wire antenna and I was in business.

N3RYB, K8VHL, KP4SX and 1 other person like this.
  3. K8VHL

Congrats! Way to go! Please let us know your callsign when you get it and we can then help you transfer your present account to your new callsign account. And yes, you've got it right regarding the 'Logbook' and 'Web' buttons.

4. W1EMT

Thanks :) It's KE8VAI. How do I go about transferring? I'm not seeing any options when I'm logged in under XRAYZ, and if I try to login with my callsign, it says user not found. Do I need to create a whole new account?

5. K8VHL

Nope, that will create a mess. Do this -> Post a request to change your username from XRAYZ to your new callsign KE8VAI here:
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?forums/add-my-call-sign-to-qrz-database-helpers-forum.121/

6. W1EMT

Will do, thanks!

7. W1EMT

They got me linked up with my new callsign =)

One more thing regarding logbooks: do people typically log QSOs made via the radio/viop services like Allstar, or does that not count?

8. K8VHL

No, doesn't count.

9. W1EMT

I ended up logging it with the VOI option, which I thought meant 'voice over internet' from an older post I read on here, but I guess that's not the case. I know it's not going to count for awards or anything like that, but just wanted to log the contact.