ad: UR5CDX-1

QRZ Now Accepts LoTW Confirmations in QRZ Logbook

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N0AMT, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I really didn't think this would happen that fast when I brought it up in the first thread announcing the QRZ logbook awards. Nice to see it done so quickly.

2. WD8FM

WD8FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Now how about adding eQSL.cc ?

3. NK7Z

NK7Z Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Does it still need my password for LoTW?

4. K5JEF

K5JEF Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you, thank you, thank you, worked flawlessly for me. Many thanks.

5. M0TTB

M0TTB Ham Member QRZ Page

It needs the same password as the one you use when you log in on the main lotw site page.

6. M0TTB

M0TTB Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd guess only when eqsl goes the route of blind matching.

7. KJ6SVA

KJ6SVA Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't use LoTW but use QRZ. How about the other way around?

8. KC1MAC

KC1MAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yay thank you so much for this feature!!!!!! It gives me my second award :)

9. VE3TMT

VE3TMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Added another 6000 Q's. Please all LOTW users, upload your logs!!!!

10. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Wow, after jumping thru the short hoops to interface my LOTW tQSL with QRZ logbook my numbers changed. :)

The online directions with photos helped even me to get it to work. ;)

QSO's: 21256 Confirmed: 4095 Countries: 240

QSO's: 21398 Confirmed: 11919 Countries: 240

Thanks again to all who worked so hard at QRZ.com.

73 K2HAT Lee

11. KC4TVZ

KC4TVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Around 1 or 2 years ago, eQSL did switch over to a more strict eQSL manual confirmation by making their members type in the Time, instead of just clicking on the green check mark to confirm. It was very annoying to me. So, I got the logging program Log4OM and started upload ADIF to eQSL, just like on QRZ Logbook and the .TQ8 files to LoTW. Anyway, eQSL has took a step to make their eQSL confirmation system more secure. Before they did this, I confirmed around 25,000 QSOs on eQSL manually and it always seemed plenty secure to me, anyway. Of course, I guess it has always been possible for two stations to get together via email or even on the air and for lack of a better word "cheat", no matter what type of security system (LoTW TrustedQSL lock and key .TQ8 certificate, QRZ Logbook double blind ADIF upload) The point I am making is it would be a good idea for QRZ Logbook to also accept onfirmations from eQSL just like they have LoTW. As a QRZ Logbook user, Ham member and XML subscriber I would like to see QRZ Logbook accept eQSL confirmations. Not that is it really all that important to me but I do know there are a lot of Amateur radio operators who use eQSL and do not use LoTW or QRZ Logbook because of the difficulty of uploading ADIF and/or .TQ8 files. Yes, eQSL can still be used manually if they have the patience ot type in the Time.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

12. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Great!! THAT worked fine!! I am now qualified for all 4 QRZed awards, (Though I had to upgrade to an XML subscriber to get LOTW to download the QSOs), but that is fine. Maybe I can use the XML somehow, though I do very little Electronic logging. I need to research what the XML gives me. But I am happy to support QRZed, since QRZed is my WHOLE LIFE!!

13. KK4SUH

KK4SUH Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the feature! Now if LoTW will actually not take forever to process my latest upload that I did about an hour ago. What is the ARRL using for their server(s) for processing QSO records, old P4-based machines?:p

14. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Would this be the same as exporting ADIF from LoTW and then importing into QRZ? That's what I've
    been doing - hopefully that's pretty much the same thing just with an extra step... ??

Dave
    W7UUU

15. VA7VZ

VA7VZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here. Anybody have any information on this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.