ad: Radclub22-1

No information in Biography page

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by EA7BUU, Mar 9, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. EA7BUU

EA7BUU Ham Member QRZ Page

Since this morning I can not see anything in any biography page. I can see information in Detail page .
    I have initiate computer and no good results .
    Where is the problem?
    Thnx for help
    Jose EA7BUU

2. EA7BUU

EA7BUU Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, problem is solved. clicking in Biography /Block element and now I can see all biography.
    I dont know if that is the right solution but it works for me.

3. DG7AC

DG7AC Ham Member QRZ Page

This is just a workaround, not a solution. Glad it works for you, but it doesnt't work for me. All QRZ profile pages are blank except the profile picture in the upper right. But as nobody of QRZ replied to your post, it seems they don't read this forum.

Ahoi
    Pom

4. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We actually do read this forum. I can see your and EA7BUU's biography pages just fine. Unfortunately, this has become a recurring problem with restrictions imposed on Google, Chrome, and ISPs in Europe.

DG7AC likes this.
  5. DG7AC

That's good to hear. :)
    Do you know what users can do if the biography page stays blank?

Ahoi
    Pom

6. DG7AC

I think I just found the reason. Switched off Ghostery and now all pages diplay as usual. I think I will have to fiddle a bit with the settings.

K8VHL likes this.
  7. KD0MSU

KD0MSU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Is anybody else missing all QRZ bios from every station they search for? I only see the last saved date when I look up almost anyone right now.. even myself. Here's what I see for myself.

14146338 Last modified: 2024-03-03 04:37:48, 9460 bytes
    I'm using Chrome, fully up to date, just cleared caches/cookies to no avail. Known system issue with QRZ, or something else?

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

I see yours just fine - and all the random ones I've searched while testing this.

ZERO reports on this.

Are you using an ad blocker? Turn that OFF

Dave
    W7UUU

9. KD0MSU

Yes I am, but I always have and I'm just now noticing this, as of the last 2-3 days...
    Turning off and trying again

10. KL5IA

KL5IA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

11. KD0MSU

Thank you guys. Ghostery must have been the answer. Switched it off and I have bios again.

Now to figure out what changed in the last week that caused this to start happening. I've had Ghostery for 5+ years and never had this issue until this week on QRZ...

KL5IA likes this.
  12. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

You're a Platinum member - you already have "ads turned off" due to your subscription level on QRZ. No need to run an ad blocker on the site at all.

Dave
    W7UUU

13. W7UUU

14. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It seems to be Ghostery specific. @KL5IA

15. N0XVZ

N0XVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I've run into a situation where callsign bios are not showing using Chrome on a specific computer.

Update: I just saw how to reset the browser. Bios are not showing again. Crisis averted. :oops:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    KF8KI likes this.