ad: QuirkyQRP-1

New QRZ Home Page

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WX4CAZ

WX4CAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I HAD A DREAM LAST NIGHT THAT QRZ WENT BACK TO NORMAL, BUT IT WAS JUST A DREAM...O WELL

NK2U, W4BUZ and WY4J like this.
  2. W5WN

W5WN QRZ Lifetime Member #379 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

What was normal?

3. WX4CAZ

COME ON, THE WAY THE HOME PAGE LOOKED...

NK2U and W5WN like this.
  4. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

Well it has been over a week now since the front page has been changed. I would think that if Fred was going to change it back, he would have done so by now.
    Especially after 58 pages of mostly negative comments. Oh well ... get used to it!

5. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Little boxes on the web page
    Little boxes made of tacky tacky
    Little boxes on the web page
    Little boxes all the same
    There’s a green one and a pink one
    And a blue one and a yellow one,
    And they’re all made out of ticky tacky
    And they all look just the same.

(Apologies to Malvina Reynolds ...)

WJ4U, WA7PRC, W4BUZ and 1 other person like this.
  6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I am using 1024 x 768 because the aspect ratio is correct. I normally do not have to scroll left to right, It is no big deal.

The home page is looking better, Keep up the good work. ;)

7. KK2DOG

KK2DOG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I personally don't like it.

NK2U and WY4J like this.
  8. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

NK2U likes this.
  9. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

One of the biggest fails of 2016 but like someone said we must like it or lump it.

73 John K7FD

10. WX4CAZ

lump it, qrzcq looks nice

AE7RZ and NK2U like this.
  11. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Think about this: this hideous default Georgia serif font has been in place a LONG time and has not been changed.... and it's just a font. A couple of mouse clicks in the XenForo software and it could be changed to Helvetica 11-Point - and yet it remains. Unless you use the "dark shack" template - in which case it was in fact changed to .... wait for it.... 11 pt Helvetica Sans Serif - just a mouse click sort of thing. There were ZILLIONS of posts about this yukky default font - and yet, it remains. Including this post! I really do not care for Georgia font.... at all. Many here even take the time to highlight their entire post, and change it to a better font. And yet - it remains. A mouse click or two could change the default, but unless you go "Dark Shack" it ain't gonna happen.

So anyone expecting the home page to go back to before is "California Dreamin'" - that's a helluva lot more than just changing a much-hated default template font.

Just gotta get used to it folks.

Find the positives and don't fret the stuff that makes no sense, but remains regardless.

Smiles :):):)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN, KK4NA, K9ASE and 1 other person like this.
  12. KJ6TTR

KJ6TTR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

qrzcq looks nice? If you think that site looks nice, please do not give any web design ideas here. Ugh. It looks like something from compuserve in 1994.

NF6E and W7UUU like this.
  13. K1SCE

K1SCE Ham Member QRZ Page

For $24.95 a year qrz will design a page for you. You don't need the $19.95 a year if you use "Ad Block Plus" it's free. download for your specific browser and most ad's will be blocked from all web sites. We will just have to get used to it.

NK2U likes this.
  14. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

I know "Ad Block Plus" is free, but the way you keep pushing it sounds like you have 'stock' in the outfit.

15. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

The challenge now is to keep the home page looking fresh. Pictures are easily remembered...and it is very easy to tire of seeing the same ones over and over.

John K7FD