ad: QSLWorks-1

New QRZ Feature - Lookup History

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Aug 11, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Our engineer, Stephen VA7STV has just completed a great upgrade to the site.

Notice the callsign search box at the top of each page. When you click on the text input area, the last 12 callsigns that you've looked up will appear for easy selection. This search history is stored in a browser cookie so if you are using multiple browsers, etc., each one will have its own lookup history.

This should make it easy when bouncing around between calls, or just wondering where you were a minute ago. More enhancements coming soon.

73 -fred

UPDATE

We have just released a new styling for the forums called Dark Shack. You can select it in your user preferences area (at the top of this page, under your call).

See the article at: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/new-forums-style-available.489450/

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    K5ATG, K2NCC, N6QIC and 6 others like this.
  2. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Thank you, Fred, Stephen, Jaime, and anyone else for all the hard work lately. It all looks very nice!

AE5DX, K5JEF, KK6IQL and 1 other person like this.
  3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is way cool.

The QRZ crew has done Great work on the site. While Fred may be sipping drinks and smoking cigars in Cuba.:D

I am trying to get over web addiction, and you are making my habit better.

A nice feature to add, would be to let the subscribers have more time to edit and delete their double post.

Thanks for all the great work Stephen, and Fred too for letting you do your thing.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    KK6IQL likes this.
  4. K4ECD

K4ECD Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent concept + feature, QRZ rocks.

Footnote:
    Most browsers keep a history of your searches (ALL - not just 12) in the drop-down automatically -so when you typed, it would recall them for you.
    Now, only your recent history (12 items) are shown.

So before if I typed say: 8P6.... all my 8P6 items quickly appeared because of default browser behavior, but now: nothing... just the last 12 items as per the cookie

Would be nice to have the browser cached history in the drop down (as before) , PLUS a separate div with the QRZ cookie data.

So keep the default drop down behavior of the browser, and ADD the new make #topcall div.history position left: 160px That way we have the best of both worlds.

5. MI6LFK

MI6LFK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

when am in ham radio delure and go to hrd logbook when i try to look up callsigns it wont let me i get this

• Recent Callsign Lookups

6. VE4CY

VE4CY Ham Member QRZ Page

HRD is working oddly for me too. I get a whole bunch of "non call" stuff when I access QRZ from HRD. (Not XML, but the QRZ tab on HRD. This info is always the same.

I have to scroll down through it to get to the actual QRZ page for the call I looked up.. I've attached what I see. Most of these are hyperlinks.. It doesn't show below because I attached the text and not the HTML:

-------------------------------------
    RV and Mobile
    Swapmeet
    Swapmeet Hot List
    Ham Radio Gear for Sale
    Ham Made Gear
    General Merchandise
    Ham to Ham References
    Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-offs
    Resources
    Site Menu...
    Practice Amateur Radio Exams
    Amateur Radio Study Guides
    Online License Renewals
    License Wall Certificates
    Commercial Ham Radio Links
    DX Country Atlas
    Grid Mapper
    Ham Radio Trivia Quiz
    Life Member Honor Roll
    Contact
    Help Desk, for accounts, lost passwords, etc.
    Add your callsign to QRZ
    Subscription Services
    Online Help Forum
    Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
    QRZ en Espanol
    Privacy Statement
    Advertise with QRZ
    List of Current Advertisers
    About QRZ
    Donate to QRZ
    Contact us

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit
    Edit VE4CY...
    VE4CY
    VE4CY page...
    Edit VE4CY
    Messages (0 new)
    My Logbook
    My Account
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Logout

(END OF UNWANTED TEXT)
    ---HERE IS WHERE THE QRZ CALLSIGN INFORMATION PAGE THAT I WANTED TO LOOK UP STARTS---

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

What version of HRD and Windows are you using ?

That issue may be best on another thread.

Good Luck.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  8. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Love the lookup.

Fred, do you ever sleep?

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

KC9UDX likes this.
  9. AA7BQ

Not lately! :p

10. AA7BQ

As I understand it, the older version of HRD has the function of IE7 internally. IE7 is garbage and we will never support it again. It was only luck that it worked at all, even before our upgrade. Even Microsoft hates it. Their new browser, called Edge, is pretty good!

I know this won't help you, but I thought that I'd be straight about it.

73, -fred

N0AMT likes this.
  11. WX4CAZ

WX4CAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

VERY GOOD JOB,,,THANKS

12. N8QQE

N8QQE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I like it! Nice work...

13. N2RON

N2RON Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for all your hard work....love QRZ!

14. YO4PX

YO4PX Ham Member QRZ Page

I totally agree with the footnote of K4ECD:
    «Most browsers keep a history of your searches (ALL - not just 12) in the drop-down automatically -so when you typed, it would recall them for you.
    Now, only your recent history (12 items) are shown.

So before if I typed say: 8P6.... all my 8P6 items quickly appeared because of default browser behavior, but now: nothing... just the last 12 items as per the cookie

Would be nice to have the browser cached history in the drop down (as before) , PLUS a separate div with the QRZ cookie data.

So keep the default drop down behavior of the browser, and ADD the new make #topcall div.history position left: 160px That way we have the best of both worlds.»

I am working on SSB with the QRZ.com website in front of me and I am trying to open the page of the contacted station. I like to read details about his station and his bio. It was very useful to see if I worked a guy before just by typing the first characters of his callsing, i. e. his prefix. The browser offered me all the stations holding that prefix I worked, not only the last 12 callsigns, so I could thank them for a new call and a new contact. I am sorry we lost now that feature. I would be pleased to have it back, if possible. Thank you.
    Fery, YO4PX

15. MI6LFK

MI6LFK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

s

so any ideas how to fix these problems on HRD ?