New Forums Style Available

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AA7BQ, Aug 12, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For all of those who thought we weren't listening, we have just released a new forums visual style called Dark Shack, with a number of display changes.

To try it out, go to the bottom of this page and look for the link on the bottom bar that says Default Style. Click that and choose Dark Shack. You can return to the other default style at any time.

Note - you can also choose the new style on your Preferences page (top of this page, under your call sign)

I created this style myself and it took several hours of tinkering. Every time I changed something, it affected the color elsewhere, not always in a good way. This, therefore, is my first attempt at a new style. As we continue I may develop some new styles but for the time being, enjoy and let us know what you think.

Here's a screenshot:

DarkShack.png

I certainly hope that you like it because it took a lot of effort to produce. Be kind and I might create another one :)

73 -fred

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    W5VTC, KF4SCI, N5LB and 18 others like this.
  2. N4CYA

N4CYA QRZ MODERATOR Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

This visual style you added has potiental the member group icon needs to be updated so everyone can see which member is either staff or forum member. So far I am getting use to it.

3. KV3D

KV3D Ham Member QRZ Page

I just changed my style and I love it. It really is easier on the eyes. Thanks Fred!

NL7W and KC8VWM like this.
  4. AA7BQ

AA7BQ Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Jamie - fixed that.

N4CYA likes this.
  5. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Staff Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Wow!!!!!!

I have it set and the visual styles of all the buttons, text and EVERYTHING looks awesome!

Very impressive and great work!

Thank you!

6. KF5QZM

KF5QZM Ham Member QRZ Page

This is NICE!!!

7. KD8OSD

KD8OSD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.......that's much better!

8. KI4FKW

KI4FKW Ham Member QRZ Page

MUCH better. Looks a lot less like a Nick Jr. fairy-tail princess version.

9. N7ZAL

N7ZAL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Having various "skins" is probably the best way to go, then members have multiple options to keep them happy. There is also a human factors component because people have different color vision and some are color blind. There are sites that show how to design various schemes to address differences in color vision.

That said, I do like the new scheme a lot better. JMO

10. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks, Fred, for your effort. I actually had no problem with the 'white' format but I'll try this one for a while to see how it 'sets' :) The default font already has me happier.