ad: chuckmartin

Morse Code Dropped in VK - Media Release

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by vk4kss, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K0ZZE

K0ZZE Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K6UEY @ Dec. 24 2003,04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At least the ragchewing old farts have earned the right to be hams and get on the air,they don't have to rely on telephones and computers to communicate,and if it wasn't for those ragchewing old farts you would not have Amateur Radio to try to screw up and you would be back down on CB where you feel right at home.
    It is some times hard to tell the difference between a dumb ass who can't learn,and a smart ass with an attitude. [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    i will have to agree with that. its one of my favorite sayings [​IMG]

2. K0ZZE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (anudernocoder @ Dec. 24 2003,04:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">cw wars are lamest waste of opinions, write the people that matter,,,only ragchewing old farts are in here and we already know their opinion. [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    cool name. i laughed out loud for a few minutes when it hit me another no coder, thats funny [​IMG]

3. K0ZZE

is this thing going to hit 700? flame on dudes & dudets [​IMG]

4. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K6UEY @ Dec. 23 2003,23:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DAV
    Sorry Dave but it doesn't work that way,either they pass the test an become a Ham or they do not pass and are not qualified to be accepted into the ranks of Amateur radio.If they are truly Ham Radio material and have the desire to enter the fraternity they will study until they are qualified to pass the test. Now don't say it doesn't work because I have witnessed it working personally for over 50 years .True ,I will grant you the present generation has differing view points on how the world should treat them, and a large number try to cover up their inadequacy by developing a bad attitude, well sorry Mr. Chips, but that doesn't feed the bull dog either.
    Have a Happy Holiday.....   73,   ORV[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Elephant Dung! The 13 wpm requirement KEPT a tremendous number of good hams from upgrading for decades and you know it.
    I don't believe in Christmas....can't wait till the January doldrums when all you freaks are recovering from this madness.

5. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kb8nds @ Dec. 24 2003,08:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Continuing my mission of placing a post on each page...

Post #645!!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Do you like to Ker-Chunk the local repeaters as well?

6. K0ZZE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kc7jty @ Dec. 24 2003,13:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[​IMG]9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K6UEY @ Dec. 23 2003,23[​IMG]9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DAV
    Sorry Dave but it doesn't work that way,either they pass the test an become a Ham or they do not pass and are not qualified to be accepted into the ranks of Amateur radio.If they are truly Ham Radio material and have the desire to enter the fraternity they will study until they are qualified to pass the test. Now don't say it doesn't work because I have witnessed it working personally for over 50 years .True ,I will grant you the present generation has differing view points on how the world should treat them, and a large number try to cover up their inadequacy by developing a bad attitude, well sorry Mr. Chips, but that doesn't feed the bull dog either.
    Have a Happy Holiday.....   73,   ORV[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Elephant Dung! The 13 wpm requirement KEPT a tremendous number of good hams from upgrading for decades and you know it.
     I don't believe in Christmas....can't wait till the January doldrums when all you freaks are recovering from this madness.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    good god man, have you gone mad? santy claus is going to leeve you a lump of coal. well if you dont believe in xmas maybe you believe in mr hanky the xmas poo [​IMG]

7. K6UEY

K6UEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Note! This post probably should have been directed to KC7JTY,but I don't recognize his posting as deserving a reply so it will be directed to no coders in general in the interim......
    QME, I should not have directed my comments toward you, especially since you are working on QUALIFYING for full Amateur Privileges.
    REAL Hams come from EARNING and LEARNING not crying and whining !!

Well it would seem we have spent the last 50 years in differing Ham Circles. I have never witnessed any GOOD Hams being held back by the CW test, be it for 13 WPM for the General or the 20 WPM for the Extra Class. Granted some find the task a little more daunting than others, but perseverance and persistence have always been the trade mark of a GOOD Ham in the past.Those who have an HONEST desire to participate in the Amateur Fraternity, have not let obstacles in their path restrict their objective. Even those with serious Physical impairments have succeeded in qualifing as a GOOD Ham. I am not so sure that Mental Difficulties have not hampered some, but I think that may be a more recent event.
    I have heard the phrase used to defend the present destruction of Amateur Radio, but it would appear it is a JUVENILE attempt to use emotion rather than logic and fact, to thwart the desires of the exsisting Amateur Fraternity, for the personal and selfish gain of individuals who lack the virtues and desires to meet the qualifications of a GOOD Amateur Radio Operator.
    I am quite certain that when the powers to be (FCC) make their final decision on this matter in 2005 they will readily see through this childish facade and reinstate the testing levels, to once again instill a sense of pride in accomplishment to those who are seriously entering the Amateur Radio Fraternity.
    I might add that pride of accomplishment and the ability to further ones knowledge and support the furthering of the state of the art of Radio Communications has been on the wane, due to decisions by the ARRL and the FCC in recent years. This is the oppurtunity to make amends and put the train back on the tracks once again.
    Best of DX and    73,   ORV
    Note! The best DX is on CW ........
     [​IMG]

8. K0ZZE

well if you have read any of my previous postings you would know that i allready can pass the simple 5wpm element 1 test. i can copy up too 10wpm now as we speak. just cant get over that hump yet but will be upgrading when i get the chance. i am just having fun with this whole internet posting thing. but i think a lot of the comments on both sides of this issue is pointless. just my opinion,thats all.the fcc will do what they want no matter what we want them to do.thay are the government that is no longer( for the people and by the people) they are( for the money to spend the money). and yes, i am a real ham. i build my own antennas, i can solder my own pl259's and for cryin out loud, i know the formula to figure out the wavelenghts in frequency. i am not the average tech class yahoo screaming drop the code. and i also can figure out the wavelenghts in coax to.not many techs knew that before they were techs. i did. well any way i know alot more than i let on on this site but theirs more to life than the internet, but it sure is fun [​IMG]

73 DE KC0QME

9. K3DAV

K3DAV Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ke4umd @ Dec. 24 2003,07:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You actually posted the dictionary definition.  [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I know of no better definition than a dictionary definition.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard a discriminating country club make that statement.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

How does a country club make a statement?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I could buy the FCC.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

No, you couldn't.

My original statement was: "It isn't a country club and it isn't exclusive." I have used facts to support my point of view while you have used emotions to support your point of view. It still isn't a country club and it still isn't exclusive. If you insist on referring to low band privileges as a country club, remember it's a country club you can join. The only things keeping you out are you and your attitude.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Shhhhhhhhhhhewwwwwwwwww Right over your head. I will bet a weeks pay that you are the only person in this entire forum, that just doesn't get the meaning of the TERM Country Club, as I have used it.

Yet another troll (From the many) that the CW requirement didn't filter out. You guys are helping the no-code side, and you don't even know it.

Merry Christmas, and thanks for the help. [​IMG]

10. Guest

Guest Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shhhhhhhhhhhewwwwwwwwww  Right over your head.  I will bet a weeks pay that you are the only person in this entire forum, that just doesn't get the meaning of the TERM Country Club, as I have used it.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I enjoy using English correctly. You should try it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yet another troll...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

troll, n. 1. A supernatural creature of Scandanavian folklore, often described as living in caves or under bridges.

I'm afraid this doesn't apply to me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You guys are helping the no-code side, and you don't even know it.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

No, we are not; but I support your right to be wrong.

11. K6UEY

K6UEY Ham Member QRZ Page

DAV,
    Dave I have noticed you are fond of generously using the term " TROLL " . If I'm not mistaken that term is one that is in the Internet vernacular and I'm not aware of it appearing in Amateur Radio Jargon. This being the Internet I'm quite positive that if I'm mistaken several will be more than glad to point out my mistake.
    I merely wanted to offer friendly counsel that may be of some merit to your future postings. This is the Internet NOT Amateur Radio. They both may be forms of communication but they have most distinct differences. Whereas there are definite terms and phrases borrowed from the field of Radio Communication that appear in both uses of the slang I do not think TROLL is one of them. I'm quite sure that your intended use is one of negative connotation directed to have a derogatory reflection on the Amateur in question. I can think of few insults more meaningful to a Radio Amateur than an assimilation to computers or the internet.
    [​IMG]     73,   ORV

12. KB8NDS

KB8NDS Ham Member QRZ Page

Post #656!!!

C'mon, only 44 more to go.

13. K0ZZE

I WONDER oops caps lock, i wonder if this thing is going to hit the BIG 700. it might if we keep having interesting converstion.i wonder what fred thinks about all this mess [​IMG]

14. N0KLU

N0KLU Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KC0QME @ Dec. 25 2003,14:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I WONDER oops caps lock, i wonder if this thing is going to hit the BIG 700. it might if we keep having interesting converstion.i wonder what fred thinks about all this mess [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It just might get to the 700 mark. Interesting conversations? this forum sounds like CB'ers to me The CB'ers with the BIG Amps and the CB'ers that are barefoot. The Ham community made there comments to the FCC, but I think the FCC has already made its mind up on what they are going to do, irregardless of our moaning to keep/not-to-keep the code. We will find out sometime this comming year, They are letting us dispute so much so as to cause a division so that they can point out and say BPL should have the bandwidth, look at how the Hams are acting shredding oneanother up looking like a bunch of babies who have a toy they wont share with others...."No it's my frequiency, I EARNED it.It's only for OUR group not YOU."

What a joke, the only babies I read are those who are scrambling to keep what makes no difference anymore.
    I bet you guys even cried when they did away with the slide rule! [​IMG]

15. K3DAV

K3DAV Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ke4umd @ Dec. 25 2003,07:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shhhhhhhhhhhewwwwwwwwww  Right over your head.  I will bet a weeks pay that you are the only person in this entire forum, that just doesn't get the meaning of the TERM Country Club, as I have used it.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I enjoy using English correctly. You should try it.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It IS correct english.
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yet another troll...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

troll, n. 1. A supernatural creature of Scandanavian folklore, often described as living in caves or under bridges.

I'm afraid this doesn't apply to me.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'm afraid it describes you perfectly. If you still don't get it, you must be a supernatural creature living in a cave. Throw away your dictionary. The word "LID" is in there too, but I doubt you will find a definition that says, "Licensed Idiot". Even though that meaning is used quite often by amateurs.
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You guys are helping the no-code side, and you don't even know it.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

No, we are not; but I support your right to be wrong.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Thanks. You just helped out again. Keep helping. We appreciate it, and look forward to your continued help in the days to come with each of your post's.

Happy holidays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.