ad: TinyPaddle-1

Latest (Sad) News from Ten-Tec

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W9EBE, Feb 6, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W9EBE

W9EBE Subscriber QRZ Page

On February 5, 2022, Bob McGraw/K4TAX posted the following to the Ten-Tec Jupiter forum (TentecJupiter538) on Groups.io:

"F Y I ---

In a phone conversation this date with the owner of Tentec, he stated all radios presently in the Sevierville facility for repair WILL BE returned to their owners. This is being done at Tentec expense.

Be advised most if not all radios are being returned as NOT REPAIRED. There are no parts orders, no technical assistance, no phone calls, and no e-mails available from the facility. Tentec ham radio service is therefore terminated. The Sevierville operation is suspended until further notice.

Bob, K4TAX"

2. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

so what does that mean? Is TenTec now gone entirely?

AA5BK and PY2NEA like this.
  3. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

They just did a massive move into a new facility to house their production lines. But I suspect the days of them repairing legacy TenTec ham products are no longer viable.

4. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It means exactly what it says. Ahem.

K0UO likes this.
  5. G5WCW

G5WCW Ham Member QRZ Page

U7P5lA6.png
    IT'S BEEN ON THE HORIZON FOR YEARS!

N4FZ, KA4DPO, K8BJC and 4 others like this.
  6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been wondering if AlasKit should take over vintage Ten Tec repairs. Ten Tec actually uses a minimum of specialized components, and we could probably get most of them running pretty close to spec. Shipping from Alaska might be a bit of an issue, but maybe not for hard core Ten Tec folks (like me). I shall ruminate on the prospect. www.alaskit.net

N1VAU likes this.
  7. G8FXC

G8FXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just went to their web site to check the News page and the most recent entry is from February 2017 - says it all really...

Martin (G8FXC)

8. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking in the wrong URL. https://www.alpharfsystems.com/?cat=33

K1LKP and KS2G like this.
  9. K8VSY

K8VSY QRZ Lifetime Member #496 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Maybe some other company will fill the gap for repairing their radios?

Either way, sad news.

73, K8VSY

10. W4HMB

W4HMB Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe some repair facility can get a good deal on all the stocked parts @ TT.

NL7W likes this.
  11. KE0VT

KE0VT Ham Member QRZ Page

The Radiosmith fixes Ten-Tec radios.
    I am preparing mine to go to him. Corsair II

12. W4OVT

W4OVT QRZ Lifetime Member #738 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Steve Yudell @ The Radiosmith is an excellent servicer of TEN-TECĀ® equipment. For his contact information to include other service providers, notably Jim Warner's company, Exline Signal, I am pleased to offer this Radio Repair Referral List offered to you by the TEN-TEC Legacy Nets here:
    https://groups.io/g/TENTECLEGACYNETS/message/10

Marc - W4OVT
    TTLN Founder/Facilitator

https://groups.io/g/TENTECLEGACYNETS

N3AWS, W1PEP and W9EBE like this.
  13. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

14. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

RKR milked TenTec's assets. Mike came to the party too late in the game.

15. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Ten Tec has been a DEAD HORSE for quiet some time.I'm surprised it's still a topic of discussion.I went to the Sevierville location many years ago & it was a mess.There was one person there & he was working the sales counter as you walked in the door.He had No Clue about what radios they made just some coax & other stuff they had For Sale.You could look thru a bunch of windows into the assembly area & it looked like it was left in a time capsule from years past.

Clayton
    W4KVW

KA4DPO likes this.