ad: Schulman-1

K9EID Silent Key

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4NNF, Mar 1, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. N4URW

N4URW Ham Member QRZ Page

What a wonderful individual. Talked to him on the air one time a few years back. He will be missed.

2. W5XJ

W5XJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sad day indeed. Bob was a big fan of 75 meter AM and was often checking in on the Collins 1st Wednesday night AM net. We'll miss him. Fair winds and following seas.

WA3VJB and W4NNF like this.
  3. M0HEM

M0HEM Ham Member QRZ Page

So sad! You will be missed. RIP Bob.

4. K2WB

K2WB Ham Member QRZ Page

He was truly a legend and will be missed!

5. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

30+ years ago, I worked Bob on 10M FM while at K5TYP in southern Mississippi. Great guy. He will be missed. RIP, Bob.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
  6. K4RMS

K4RMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Godspeed K9EID, FCC should retire that call!

KD2ECF likes this.
  7. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just a fond memory of mine....I like it just as it is. It needs no elaboration. :)

8. K9GKZ

K9GKZ Ham Member QRZ Page

RIP Mr. Gold Line.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
  9. AB0R

AB0R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bob Heil presented to our club last year. It was a fun experience even though I had seen him give his presentation online, it was still fresh and interesting in person just because of his personality. He even stuck around and played his organ for us. I don't currently use a Heil mic, but I know Bob would approve because it has great ART-IC-U-LA-TION!

73 Bob

10. K9PTF

K9PTF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As a Net Control for the Past and Current Ham Nation D-STAR After Show Net I would like to ask all of you who knew Bob to fill the void we have now by acting like Bob did with everyone! If you will do that, he will live on for ever! 73 BOB!!

11. K4WXA

K4WXA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

12. VE2CYV

VE2CYV Ham Member QRZ Page

My sincere condolences to Bob's family and friends. Bob, had brought so much magic to ham radio and so much shared knowledge to the hobby.
    I truly believe Bob was one of a kind to amateur and he will truly be missed by all.
    Thank Bob, K9EID. 73's

Steve VE2CYV.

13. VA1AV

VA1AV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for all you taught us, Bob! So long & 73 .. .-

14. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

Geez, I'm "only" 60 but remember when I got started in ham radio I thought anyone eligible for QCWA was an OT. I've now been licensed for nearly 47 years, nearly twice long enough to qualify. :eek: indeed. Tempus fugit.

So long for now Bob. Even among the people known to virtually all hams I've never known any of the others to be so universally liked. You will be missed.

NL7W and W4NNF like this.
  15. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That pretty much sums up EID right there. Thank you. :)

NL7W, WD5GWY and WD4IGX like this.