ad: CQMM-1

K9EID Silent Key

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4NNF, Mar 1, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W3PH

W3PH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So sorry to hear this news. Bob was a great guy, contributed so much. I have half a dozen of his mics, by far my favorites. 73, Bob!

2. KJ7KSX

KJ7KSX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A very sad day indeed. 10.5.1940–2.28.2024.
    We will miss you Bob K9EID.
    You continue to inspire me with all your wisdom.
    My Elmer forever!
    73, Bob! ️ #KJ7KSX

K7FD likes this.
  3. W4CWD

W4CWD Ham Member QRZ Page

That is a great suggestion!

DD1HV likes this.
  4. VA7VZ

VA7VZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A very real loss.
    Condolences to his family and friends.

5. KE0VFO

KE0VFO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Speechless! RIP good man. May your passion and insight for the hobby continue on in the generations after you. You’ll be missed.

6. W3KW

W3KW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I will cherish his story for the rest of my life. I feel very fortunate to have had a few conversations with him. Wow, did he leave a legacy for us all to admire and learn from. My condolences to his family and friends.

7. G4RBH

G4RBH Ham Member QRZ Page

I like many of my fellow radio hams had a great respect for Bob
    I once come across Bob on 80 Meters and had a short QSO
    While Staying at a friends house Tom Burns KN9H in Mount Zion Illinois
    Bob invited me to pay him a visit to his house the next day a couple of days before he was leaving for the Dayton Ham Festival
    Although I was keen to see him I had plans made to see my friend Alfred Hosick KB9EZC in West Frankfort ILL
    Well the outcome was I meet Bob at the Dayton Ham Fest at his Heil Sound Products Table and we spoke for a while and he kindly got a fellow visiting ham to the Heil Sound Table of Products to take our photo together and shook hands he was a graceful fellow radio ham
    Bob had visited the Uk one time at the Newark Ham Fest in Lincolnshire arranged by Walters and Stanton Radio Dealers
    I myself are using The Heil PR781 Studio Mic in line with my ham radio station audio equipment from W2IHY

VE2CYV likes this.
  8. LU8DPM

LU8DPM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

R.I.P. Bob...
    LU8DPM

9. K9ALT

K9ALT Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad news indeed! Requiescat in Pace!

10. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad news, indeed. RIP, Bob.

Not to pick nits, but only in the interest of accuracy it was initially Hiwatt.

Entwistle moved from Hiwatt to Stramp (a German company) and a progression of Sunn equipment.

https://www.rockstarsguitars.com/pr...le/john-entwistles-sunn-gelf-stage-amp-rig-1/

Heil related from https://www.thewho.net/whotabs/gear/bass/bass7174.html : "Two Sunn 4×12 cabinets, some fitted with Bob Heil’s Ye Old Music Shop of Marissa, Illinois, badges; or one Sunn 4×12 with one Hiwatt SE4123 4×12 cabinet"

11. KD9DXF

KD9DXF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

12. W2WRX

W2WRX Ham Member QRZ Page

So sorry to hear of this and a legend person at that for helping all the ham community's and also in the music business. He is a very sharp person when you needed help with your audio problems and he would get back to you that day or the next day due to he's schedules. Thank you Bob Heil ......with all my respect to you and your family with honor........

13. N1JI

N1JI Ham Member QRZ Page

This is such sad news. A great loss to the ham radio community and also to the music community.

14. WD5ENH

WD5ENH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

God Speed Bob
    He will be miss

15. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, thanks for that, OM.

I guess...

:D:eek: