ad: cq2k-1

K9EID Silent Key

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4NNF, Mar 1, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K4HCQ

K4HCQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Going to miss him. He was a great musician and an all around awesome guy!!

NK2U and W4NNF like this.
  2. 9A5O

9A5O Ham Member QRZ Page

The entire generations are gone from the air now. My logs have become vast graveyards. Sorry to see Bob go, RIP.

NK2U, K0UO and W4NNF like this.
  3. VU2ZOC

VU2ZOC Ham Member QRZ Page

Condolences to Bob's family and close friends.
    73 Bob

chandan
    VU2ZOC

NK2U likes this.
  4. W8RQH

W8RQH QRZ Lifetime Member #254 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

i had the pleasure talking to him direct. we was very kind and help me emensley. he will be missed! RIP Bob ..W8RQH

NK2U likes this.
  5. TA2IJ

TA2IJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Condolences to Bob's family R.I.P Bob de TA2IJ Yo3IJ

NK2U likes this.
  6. WD4ELG

WD4ELG Ham Member QRZ Page

K0UO and W4NNF like this.
  7. DK2PP

DK2PP Ham Member QRZ Page

This is very sad, RIP Bob.....

NK2U likes this.
  8. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not quite yet...but the leading edge of the Baby Boom is indeed exiting stage left.

As I said earlier, it's feels strange, but us 70-something hams are becoming the OTs.

Never thought that would happen. :)

NK2U and KY5U like this.
  9. AB8TN

AB8TN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It was always a pleasure running into Bob at Dayton, other hamfest, and NAB . You will sorely be missed.

NK2U likes this.
  10. K4VTE

K4VTE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

wish i could have met him. but I used his mic today 359 times today as i write this.

NK2U likes this.
  11. K9WAY

K9WAY Ham Member QRZ Page

I meet Bob back in 1980 when I became a Novice Ham, My call was KA9IED and when I joined the Marissa Amateur Club and started working on his repeater I was often asked " Is that you Bob " which I admittedly would say after a few minutes of talking with me that I was NOT Bob, lol Our calls were very similar, we even had a club of similar calls in the MARC. I have told many other Hams that Bob has forgotten more about Amateur Radio than I would ever know. I even ran the Club swap net as I ran my train through Southern Illinoi as Railroad Mobile on 147.21. Bob opened his Heil Sound Company in Fairview Heights, Illinois where I lived for several years. Our paths crossed over the years. He gave me one of his snow globes in Missouri ARRL Convention and a autographed Books. He has done more for Amateur Radio than anyone I personally know
    , he will truly be missed.

73 Bob, de K9WAY, x ka9ied

NK2U likes this.
  12. KF4ZUN

KF4ZUN Ham Member QRZ Page

Met him alot going to dayton hamvention. You will be missed.

13. VO1XH

VO1XH Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sad to see that Dr .Bob Heil became a silent key. God bless you Bob and condolences to your family.
    Bob was an inspiration to all and his vast knowledge of audio and electronics was extraordinary.
    will miss you on HAM NATION and amateur radio has lost a very great ambassador.
    Rest in Peace

14. WX7JM

WX7JM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I am very saddened by this, I got a chance to work Bob Heil during the 200th celebration of Ham Nation special event that happened in 2015 and I have the qso logged. I wasnt able to get a QSL card but I am happy to have worked him. I always was a big supporter of Ham Nation and he will be missed dearly. He loved the hobby and he did amazing things for his company for hams on headsets and mics. 73 and RIP Bob Heil. K8EID SK.

15. TA2CF

TA2CF Ham Member QRZ Page

May he rest in peace.

He will be missed. Such a wonderfull guy. We met at a ham fest many years ago and sat down trying out diffent microphones and commented on each one of them. He always had time for amateau radio. Thank you for all you did for amateur radio and for me.

W4NNF likes this.