ad: MLSons-1

JT65-HF 1.0.7 - new release

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IZ4CZL, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KE5ZGI

KE5ZGI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi

The -05 is a stronger signal than -14. On a rare occasion I have decoded a -31 in the past but rarely. Usually a -25 to -28 for a reliable decode is my limit. Really it depends on the conditions ,Radio etc.

Bill

2. AB1JM

AB1JM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3. VA6SZ

VA6SZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The original WSJT JT65a was meant for very weak signal EME qso's. I've decoded at -30 on 6m EME and 1.2GHz EME. I have yet to see the software decode anything on HF below -28. Great mode for low power/antenna compromised situations. The JT65-HF version is great for multiple decodes within a passband and the reporting (RB) feature. I have tried the HF version, but I like the original WSJT version. I've found it to be more reliable; but obviously it's not as versatile with the reporting and multiple decode features.

It's great to see so many giving it a try. I have over 800 qso's on HF with the mode. I'm not a paper-chaser, but I believe I have WAS and am close (if not there) on the DXCC-JT65. There are times when 20m is where 99.99% of all stations operate, and that is frustrating. I wish more people would try and take advantage of the really weak signal capabilities by moving to bands that don't appear to be open. I try many times to "coax" people into the higher bands with not much luck.

You'd be surprised what you can work with it.

4. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok Bill, this for the info. At least I now know how well I am being copied by stations reporting me on the reporter site.

5. N7AED

N7AED Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a great weak signal mode. I have over 30 qsl 5 watts or less qrp and one qsl one 1 watt to South Africa on 80meter. My antenna is a 80m ocfdp@ 30 feet and have WAS , WAC, etc... from this location in less then a years time.

6. KD4E

KD4E Ham Member QRZ Page

Do I take this to mean that the mode is restricted to a MS version of windows and it not available to users of Apple-Mac or Linux?

7. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You could try and run it under WINE... i might give that a shot.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

8. W4HM

W4HM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes there is allot of action globally on JT65A. I make numerous contacts everyday on 160-15 meters mostly with 5 watts.

9. N7AED

N7AED Ham Member QRZ Page

It can be run on the newer Intel base Apple computers. Install Wine then JT65-HF. I don't have a Linux machine but have talked with others that have and they are running JT65-HF.

10. IZ4CZL

IZ4CZL Ham Member

JT65-HF runs under Windows XP, Vista and 7 (both 32 or 64 bIt versions)
    It also runs under Ubuntu>>>Wine but I have never tested it. (some OMs have told me)
    73 de Alex, IZ4CZL

11. KO6KL

KO6KL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

how do i set up com1 DTR/rts type signals to key the rig with this software

12. IZ4CZL

IZ4CZL Ham Member

You only have to write the number of the COM port (e.g. COM1).
    JT65-HF automatically select DTR/RTS signal available.
    73 de Alex, IZ4CZL

13. IZ4CZL

IZ4CZL Ham Member

If you need a PTT/COM interface to homemake you can see here:

http://iz4czl.ucoz.com/index/ptt_interfaces/0-77

Anyway the easier way to key is the VOX command (no COM port setup needed)
    73 de Alex, IZ4CZL

14. VE3EGA

VE3EGA Ham Member QRZ Page

JT65-HF Makes it easy for newcomers to experiment with this digi mode!

Alex and Joe,

Many, many thanks for your work behind the scenes in getting this mode out in the ham-community and making it relatively fool-proof!

I've been using earlier versions and more recently JT65A and just love the low-signal recovery capability of this amazing program...

Perhaps a little 'house-keeping' is in order for the benefit of newcomers:

Please remember this is 'HIGHLY SENSITIVE' receive software, so if you run anything over, say 35w - you are probably going to obliterate a lot of dx signals.

Most people with a good wire-antenna usually run 9-25 watts and achieve great dx!

I recently heard a US Station announcing he was running 90w (TU 90w 73) and another with obviously a similar signal level - NOT NECESSARY!!!

The usual effect is for the waterfall signals to be corrupted with 'interference bars' spreading across the viewed band segment - if you see this, then, if you can, please try and politely tell the offending station (example: QRO=QRM! ) because he may not be aware of this mode's unique low-signal sensitivity and LOW TX POWER REQUIREMENT- and using what he thinks is normal practice!

Now let's all go work some DX :)

Terry, ve3ega/va3ip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.