ad: TinyPaddle-1

Its final - amateur service license fees are coming...

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NN3W, Dec 30, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WW3ZZ

WW3ZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

what is going to be the process for a renewal? FCC form 605 and how to you pay the $35.00?

2. AD7FF

AD7FF Ham Member QRZ Page

I am not as active as a lot of people I talk with though I'll still pay the fee. I do enjoy the time I manage to getot the air. Also the people. my call is AD7FF handle is Randy.

3. KC1CCG

KC1CCG Ham Member QRZ Page

Considering the $$ we spend on equipment and antennas the fee is nothing. But the kvetching (like QRM) is something to be endured.

KE8NFK, N0TZU and KR3DX like this.
  4. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Too bad there isn't a Kvetch Blanker button.

KE8NFK likes this.
  5. KG8LB

KG8LB Ham Member QRZ Page

I would pay $500 if it brought back real enforcement as we once had for free.

However, in light of the current CB-esque state of or, lack of enforcement, I wouldn't give the price of a first class postage stamp to renew.

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

You can always buy one.... :rolleyes:

Dave
    W7UUU

kvetch filter.PNG

W1YW, KE8NFK, KP4SX and 3 others like this.
  7. WY7BG

WY7BG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd rather hock the china (ick!) than hock my radio gear.

8. DL7ISA

DL7ISA Ham Member QRZ Page

they have no business with my amateurradio, whats that so called "fee" then for ??
    actually they should pay a "fee" to the radioamateurs for their service, hence amateurradio beeing a service officially.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  9. KF0CSI

KF0CSI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was kind of hoping that my GMRS fees would go down to $35 and then with the Amateur fee I would be right back to where I started but I haven't heard for sure on the GMRS fee.

10. KE8NFK

KE8NFK Ham Member QRZ Page

THAT could be my multi-million dollar invention!!! But then the radio would be quiet 90% of the time...:/

11. KE8NFK

KE8NFK Ham Member QRZ Page

I haven't seen THAT in the catalog.... SOMETHING from *********** Junk has GOT to work!!!!

12. WX7G

WX7G Ham Member QRZ Page

Chivas-you can get a bottle & a half.LOL

13. K2HVE

K2HVE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe thin out the Ham Cram people and people not serious about Amateur radio just get a license because its Free.

14. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

It'd be nice if the service fees for amateur licenses were used to fund better enforcement. I miss the days when the HF (phone) bands were civil. I know, I know ... "new normal", deal with it, yadda yadda. :)

15. KD7DGK

KD7DGK Ham Member QRZ Page

The difference of course is that commercial broadcasters are making money off their license while Part 97 specifically forbids amateurs having any pecuniary interest in the operation of our stations. You are attempting to compare apples to oranges - they are not the same.

K9CTB likes this.