ad: CQMM-1

Introduction to the Icom IC-7300 HF/50/70MHz Transceiver

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Mar 11, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K3SX

K3SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Considering the number of times I have wanted to throw my unresponsive touch screen phone I can't begin to think about missing a new one because my rig didn't go to split or engage the narrow filter. My K3s do it all and they have knobs and button with tactile and audio feedback. Some things are FINE where they are. 73, Sid

W4KVW likes this.
  2. W2JTM

W2JTM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm surprised by the negative comments on the touch screen. I use a stylus on the TS990 and think it's great. No need to worry about smudging the screen. 73, Jim

W0HR likes this.
  3. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry guys. But, going after the first series of ANYTHING that Icom puts out there, in my experience, has been a lesson in frustration.

I've experienced the IC-706, 746, 746 PRO...and lastly a dual-bander 2720, I think...all purchased new and ALL sent back to ICOM for repair. (The 746 PRO twice)

The only and final ICOM I've purchased that has proven worthy is my IC-706MK IIG and I'm certain the only reason that it's proven it's worth is because, it's been sitting in a closet unopened since the day I purchased it at the OARC HamCation in 2015. (I'm sure it'll be fine)

Nevertheless, when we moved last year and I was FINALLY able to put up a station worthy of a high dollar super-rig, Kenwood was the only choice IMO. I'm sure there's a rebuttal to look forward to in this comment but, my experience with Kenwood Amateur Radio has proven 100% reliability with ever new product I've purchased. Of the TS-2000, 990, 590, 480X...and I'm missing a few but, none have seen a return to mfg and still functioning like day one. IMO, if Kenwood release it, it's because it's been READY to be released. In fact, the a lot of the boyz at the defunct AES-Orlando also confirmed the same.

What's that?

AES-Orlando is still in business?

Oops. My bad!

AES-ORLANDO is STILL IN BUSINESS FOLKS! SORRY!

<snicker>

K7KW likes this.
  4. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. MM0GZZ

MM0GZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

icom have made a mistake here only one so239 socket

KG7CUL and WM7C like this.
  6. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yikes! That is bad.

7. KD2BBC

KD2BBC QRZ Lifetime Member #587 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

SOME PEOPLE EVEN IF GIVEN A ROLLS ROYCE PHANTOM OR A GHOST WOULD STILL HAVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING THEY DON'T LIKE ABOUT IT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER SAME HERE WITH THIS BEAUTIFUL ICOM IC-7300 RADIO.

WELL I GUESS YOU CAN NEVER PLEASE EVERYONE. I GET THE IC-7300 ON MY WISH LIST REGARDLESS OF WHATEVER THE CRITICS ARE SAYING...WELL DONE ICOM.:p:p

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    W4ABC and KA0HCP like this.
  8. K4ED

K4ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmm,, wonder what is stored on the removable SD memory card just below the AF / RF squelch knob ....

9. K7IN

K7IN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Price it too high for me.

10. KD6SBR

KD6SBR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

which one, the Rolls or the Radio, lol. just had to stick that one in.

11. NO20CALLSIG

NO20CALLSIG Guest

I see too many pro and cons here , but nobody has ever operated that radio as yet
    I can`t wait to buy one as soon as they start delivery I will get one !

12. W9FL

W9FL Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know why some people are so negative on something new. Lots of people like touch screens, and I am sure Icom will sell a ton of these.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Different strokes for different folks.

It's on my wanted list.

13. N2MDA

N2MDA Ham Member QRZ Page

I think that this is the year I will be buying myself a brand new radio and this radio looks like it's the one I will really enjoy. You can't get any more cutting edge technology than the Ic-7300

14. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like a winner, Icom!

15. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Paid up front just waiting for it to arrive. Looking good ICOM, will have to see how it plays, but confident.