ad: elecraft

Introduction to the Icom IC-7300 HF/50/70MHz Transceiver

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Mar 11, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

K5MTY and WM7C like this.
  2. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

Is built-in keyer iambic mode A or B?

John K7FD

3. W5EN

W5EN Ham Member QRZ Page

Kind of looks like a Ten Tec Omni VII.

4. KA1KLO

KA1KLO Ham Member QRZ Page

Icom has done it again! Incredible!!! I might miss the Band stacking register though. Sigh!

5. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is it a go'er on CW ?

6. NY7Q

NY7Q Ham Member QRZ Page

How much are they????

7. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  8. KG4VDZ

KG4VDZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The received audio sounds terrible very tinny and in a box like not your typical big boy radio sound there is a youtube video of it compaired to a yaesu 3000 and the yaesu sounds so much better i been wanting to try one but i think ill keep my 1200

9. PY2RN

PY2RN Ham Member QRZ Page

SDR in a box with knobs and a little display? I t is like put a bird in a cage.

K2NCC likes this.
  10. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice ICOM commercial, that.

11. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Just what I don't need is ANY radio I must touch the screen so I can operate it.Would not take a case of them for FREE if I must actually keep & use them.I'll keep my ICOM 7600.Must have hired some moron who designed touch screen phones before & he thinks everything should have a touch screen& I won't NOTHING with a touch screen. (No I don't own or use a cell phone of any kind nor do I want one).Stupidity is ruining a great company.

Clayton
    W4KVW

K3SX likes this.
  12. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

I can hardly wait to put my Cheetos encrusted fingertips on this baby!

N9UOM and KB7UXE like this.
  13. KD6SBR

KD6SBR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I got torn apart by some on You Tube for this every reason, well not the cheetos, lol, and yes according to post most were hams. I simply cant see using a touch screen, this is ONLY my opinion, due to the fact just like a tablet, or cell phone your fingers do not have to be dirty to smear a touch screen. Some even went as far as to say keep cleaning every day of after use, lol. Your fingers or whatever you will touch this with will have residue on the skin and it will be impossible to keep clean for the day unless you set it and forget it, but I doubt it. I for one state, and you heard it here, think you will see a lot of these BRAND NEW radios and its SDR design up for sale on the QRZ swapmeet page in the not too distant future. Simply a radio not for me.Remember this is only my opinion, 73.

K3SX likes this.
  14. W6QLB

W6QLB Ham Member QRZ Page

Okay guys, what is this "70 mHz" band that this radio has?

15. VE1YX

VE1YX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

70 MHz is the 4m band. Originally in the UK but now in use in much of EU,AF, and AS.