ad: LZQSLprint-1

How to Change DXCC flag

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by M6KSW, Mar 5, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. M6KSW

M6KSW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi I have recently moved from England to Wales. I would like to change the the DXCC flag from England to Wales on my biography page.
    I have updated my callsign data, map grid square & DXCC entry in my logbook. However it still remains an English flag.

I am aware if I update my callsign with a regional secondary locators (RSL) ("W")
    So from M6KSW to MW6KSW, this task will probably be easier if I do so.
    However, I do not want to add a regional secondary locators (RSL) to my callsign.

Ofcom who are responsible for amateur radio licences in the UK, have from the 21 Feb 2024, Made the use of Regional Secondary Locators (RSL) optional & I have chosen not to use a RSL.

Many thanks for any help
    73 Maria.............

MW0PNC likes this.
  2. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Curious as to why not?

3. KF8KI

KF8KI QRZ Staff Engineer QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Maria,
    The flag displayed on your profile is based on your DXCC entity setting in your license. I've taken the liberty of updating it to Wales for you, although as a non-US operator, you can make that change yourself if ever needed again.

upload_2024-3-5_20-45-23.png

This is the "most correct" way to fix the issue for you.

You can also override what flag is displayed for your license using the flag override box here:
    upload_2024-3-5_20-46-21.png

Flag code for Wales is ZD. England is ZE.

For anyone that finds this thread by search, the flag codes are listed here: https://www.qrz.com/flags

73, Steve

K8VHL and KP4SX like this.