ad: QuirkyQRP-1

HamRadioNow 345: Appliance Boy meets Circuit Girl

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4AAQ, Sep 18, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W9RLG

W9RLG Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I guess my question here is other than both women being amateur radio operators, what does this project have to do with radio?? I don't understand myself, but then I'm just an undereducated operator who loves the older stuff and just can't wrap my head around why being computer operators and gamers has anything to do with amateur radio..

Bob

W6ERM, W3ZVX and K1OIK like this.
  2. RLEWAVESTAR

RLEWAVESTAR QRZ Member

castAR itself does not directly have much to do with traditional HAM radio but it is to be understood that HAM radio operation is more a hobby not a vocation. People will sometimes find themselves involved in all kinds of fields. In the case of Jeri, any discussion on castAR has more to do with her background as a person as far as I understand the discussion in this thread.

We have to remember that people have many different backgrounds.

K7LZR, W2AI and AI6TK like this.
  3. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

Jeri, you think you got a "tepid" welcome :)
    Welcome and carry on . I left contact info for you . There is a slight chance we know some of the same people .

4. KK6PKN

KK6PKN Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually I don't think the intent to be critical about the interview was really toward Jeri and Amy. After all, it was they who were being interviewed. It was just simply winged by Appliance Boy.

In most cases people do the best they can at that moment; spontaneous. I will do a video and upload it next year. But I will have a script already done and much preparation to succeed at the overall production--lighting, audio, HD camera, and story line.

It may work or it may fail.

5. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

upload_2017-9-19_23-54-59.png

TANILOLLI, N0IRS, W9DSN and 1 other person like this.
  6. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

As with any other inventor or experimenter; you'll never know unless you try. Persistence is the key to success in all endeavors!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    AE1N and AI6TK like this.
  7. W1ECB

W1ECB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Jeri, these haters all have massive radios to compensate for small soldering irons. LOL. You will ALWAYS have my support. Your passion for discovery and learning is both exemplary and infectious. If you're ever in Boston, dinner is on me. Cheers....Greg

WZ4K, AE1N, K4AAQ and 2 others like this.
  8. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

His programs are all about him, he is no capability to edit it shorter because that is less of him.
    Here is a program where the subject is highlighted

US7IGN, NN4RH, K8AI and 3 others like this.
  9. W4AAX

W4AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not you...Some people don't like Gary very much. We think you're alright.

10. K1FBI

K1FBI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Old hams always think with the wrong antenna. Let a YL come on the air and watch the pile up. Listen for all the 88's.

11. M0REU

M0REU Ham Member QRZ Page

Just don't mention CB...

N0IRS likes this.
  12. RLEWAVESTAR

RLEWAVESTAR QRZ Member

In time. There are a number of castAR backers that loves to know the details behind all that. There are those of us who will need to get a full picture about that so as to not repeat the same mistakes.

13. RLEWAVESTAR

RLEWAVESTAR QRZ Member

Tell Amy, I wish her best of luck in passing the Extra exam.

CB...CB....CB...CB... :p

K4AAQ and AI6TK like this.
  14. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah some of these people are embarrassments to themselves, amateur radio and humanity in general. Just ignore them.

K7LZR, K4AAQ, AI6TK and 1 other person like this.
  15. K0MD

K0MD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Fabulous interview with Jeri and Amy - one of Gary's best interviews! So glad to hear you both are also contesting - hope to hear you in the CQ and ARRL Contests on SSB and CW! Same for you Gary -but realize that is not likely to happen!

K4AAQ, AF6TC and AI6TK like this.