ad: chuckmartin

Ham Radio Deluxe 6.0 Preliminary Features List Released

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6R, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KH6DC

KH6DC Ham Member QRZ Page

Wrong Frank, more like 40 pages:rolleyes:

73 Delwyn KH6DC

2. KT4NR

KT4NR Ham Member QRZ Page

Well when I retire the iMac I may have a new home for it :) Then again its a Mac and not a Windows box so that will be a long wait for retirement! Still going with no issues, blue screens of death or lock ups after 3-4 years. I cannot say the same for any Windows box using any OS at work or home.

Great program guys and keep it up. Only software that works every time on each machine I install it on and has everything I want and a few things.....now if only I could do QSL card labels from it without the buggy external software..........

3. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What HE said!

4. K8YZK

K8YZK Ham Member QRZ Page

I am using 5.11A and it is ok, do wish it had JT65HF but that is probable in the next version, but like another poster said where are list of features, before I put out the money I want to make sure it has what I need/want. Would like to see it work with Linux also.

5. N5WX

N5WX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

i JUST WENT TO ONLINE STORE AND PURCHASED HRD AFTER MANY YEARS USING IT. I HOPE YOU WILL INCLUDE A WAY TO SEND LOGS TO ARRL IN CABRILLO FORMAT. I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO PRINT LOG. THANKS FOR THE UPGRADE, 5.11 WORKS MUCH BETTER THAN EARLIER RELEASES.

6. AA4HI

AA4HI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I only use the digital modes once a month if that .
    I prefer cw .
    I cant see myself paying for this software at all .
    The digital modes do not seem like communication .
    Rsq 599 73 is not for me .
    It could be fun if others would type different things about them as we do on cw and ssb .
    If you want to rack up numbers fast the digital mades are easy for this .
    Good luck with the software .

7. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

You could print your log in the older versions... in your log do a cntrl a for select all or hold down cntrl and select the QSO's you want to print and hit cntrl p, or file print...........................................................................

8. KC7NOA

KC7NOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hope to see support for SDR ... I have a UHFSDR that will cover 1.6mhz to 480mhz with ease....

9. WK5X

WK5X Guest

I don't use this program, but I know from my on-air activities that a significant portion of the amateur radio community does use it. That makes it news.

10. W5DQ

W5DQ Guest

HRD doesn't do Cabrillo file conversion!?!?! Wow, I thought all modern logging programs could do this? Seems like it should be a pretty simple process to extract log data and format into a Cabrillo format. Strange it would not do it as it is touted as a full function logging program?

I use DX Lab Suite and it does everything as far as I have found and best of all, it's FREE.

11. WK5X

WK5X Guest

I also prefer CW. I venture onto the digital modes from time to time, and find PSK to be a real snoozer (not sure if that's a real word). The "RSQ" thing gripes me, to be honest.

12. N3JBH

N3JBH Ham Member QRZ Page

Will it support the Omni 6+ with no etc issues? I wish i could use my old TenTec with it.

13. WK5X

WK5X Guest

DX Labs rocks! DXKeeper is the only logbook that I've ever used into which I can upload my logs from 30 years ago, and find that all of the Soviet-era calls are sorted into the correct DXCC entities (for example, UP2NK is credited to Lithuania automatically, rather than Kazakhstan), saving many hours of tedious work. The same goes for East German and Czechoslovakia.

14. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. Something wider than a 3900Hz waterfall would entice more than one SDR user.

15. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Unless you contest, this isn't an issue. Would be nice if we could standardize our currency, either ADIF or Cabrillo (yuck) or whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.