ad: ProAudio-1

FCC license copy without the Rference Copy printing?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by K3TD, Mar 8, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K3TD

K3TD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

How do I download a copy from the FCC web site without the Reference Copy stamp? Thank you!

73, Tad, K3TD

2. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe you have to be logged in with your password.....

3. N3HFS

N3HFS Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
  4. N9WFT

N9WFT Ham Member QRZ Page

If there’s a way to print one out without OFFICIAL COPY defacing it, I have not figured it out

KL7KN likes this.
  5. KL7KN

That is the choice set - Reference or Official.

K3TD and N9WFT like this.
  6. N3HFS

...or Photoshop :D

N3RYB, N9WFT and KL7KN like this.
  7. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

edit PDF files with Libre Office Draw. easy to remove the watermark.

8. K3TD

That worked once I was signed in - THANK YOU!

KL7KN likes this.
  9. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

That's because that's what it is - a copy. Your license does not exist in a piece of paper, it exists in the FCC's database.

N9WFT and K5YDD like this.
  10. K3TD

Understood - you can print out a 'Reference Copy', or an 'Official Copy' at the FCC web site if you are logged in. I believe someone was offering a clear copy without a watermark in the past, but can't recall who and it may have been for a small fee.

11. N3HFS

I am not surprised. It's just a piece of paper with some information on it - I don't even know why there's a difference between a "reference" and "official" copy - but I'm sure any properly vetted attorney could tell me.
    The service you alluded to probably reproduced the blank form (as exactly as possible, minus any watermarks) and populated it with your info in the license-matching font for a fee. I would expect some obscure federal law to prohibit this, but until someone tries to put one over on the feds it would probably be mostly overlooked.

12. N9WFT

You are 100% correct sir. Spot on and exellent point

13. N9WFT

I like many here remember the day when the FCC would send you a hard copy of your license when you renewed it..And it did not have that ghastly OFFICIAL COPY stamp plastered on it in an unsightly manner. :)

14. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, I just pulled my 2004 FCC license from when I upgraded to Extra and got this vanity call. It also states "...sign immediately upon receipt. They are not valid until signed". And... I didn't sign it! The horror! I'm a pirate!

N3RYB and N9WFT like this.
  15. KL7KN

And yet the "Official Copy" stamp is for the braindead bureaucrats that know noting of HAM Radio or the FCC - but love the look of the "Official copy" watermarked.

Just the thing for TSA weenies.

[​IMG]
    see? It's "Official".

The only thing better would be multiple stamps, an embossed seal or two and some real color.

Like this
    [​IMG]

N3RYB and N9WFT like this.