ad: chuckmartin

FCC ISSUES $18,000 NAL TO KC5CSG

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wonderful to see enforcement actions after nearly two decades of not much more than crickets. Lets get a few dozen more egregious offenders slapped with an $18K NAL, and get the word out that the FCC once again, gives a damn (at least, for now).

W0FS, K3AN, WD8ED and 7 others like this.
  2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

The word "apparent" when used as a legal term has a clear and concise meaning.

W0FS, K4XJ and KK4NA like this.
  3. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

In the PDF...

He further stated that he was “tired of this trash harassing me” and noted, “I’m going to tell you like I tell this trash over here. Pound sand lady.”

Pound sand lady...

Bwahahahahaha! That's hilarious. He just couldn't resist.

No wonder they (the FCC) decided to add $10,000 to his forfeiture.

Dan KI4AX

W0FS likes this.
  4. K5HS

K5HS Ham Member QRZ Page

do a quick google search of his call sign.

It will turn up his call, "handle", and 27 mhz jamming

W0FS likes this.
  5. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! He even told the FCC to "pound sand" .... From this correspondent's perspective, that sorta makes me think there's no "apparent" to this one!
    Why do so many of us mistake a "privilege" for a "right"? Maybe the distinction isn't taught well enough in our schools?

W0FS likes this.
  6. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

PS - off topic - W4RAV and W5BIB - Bored or not, thanks for your service guys! That phrase is getting more and more mainstream and it's almost so generic that nobody really listens anymore -- but I really mean it!

N0NC, KT4RC, N4FZ and 4 others like this.
  7. K4XJ

K4XJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well obviously you don't understand what they mean by "apparently"....Its a term used even in court....Example: Apparently he "DID" commit the crime....meaning they have evidence he did commit the crime....Understand?

W0FS likes this.
  8. N0WFT

N0WFT Ham Member QRZ Page

now the need to go after those on 7.200 love to see them all hang

W0FS, K3AN, N2YIR and 9 others like this.
  9. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

There once was a man from Luzianne
    who thought he had a good plan
    The repeater he abused it
    so nobody could use it
    But he got taken down by "The Man".

W0FS, K2AMF, KT4RC and 17 others like this.
  10. WB8VLC

WB8VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

KY5U, Now That's what I call poetic justice.

W0FS, N6ALT, KD8YZD and 1 other person like this.
  11. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

It will be interesting to see if the case stands when it is finally disposed of in July of 2028...

12. W8JBM

W8JBM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yawn...

To the main post; So what did this guy do to warrant an all out track-down of the 10 minute violation rule? Did he say something the powers to be did not like? If so, what was it? What really gets you an $18k ding?

13. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

If you read the complaint, it appears to be several things:
    1. Emcomm. One of the alleged QRM parties was on a frequency being used for a net loosely affiliated with NWS. Whether real or imagined, there are still people who get very wound up about emcomm.
    2. The alleged ten-minute ID rule violation wasn't by a few percent. It was by hundreds and/or thousands of percent.
    3. The alleged QRM went on for hours. This wasn't a one-off fart played into the microphone. The FCC document describes hours of QRM on a single day.
    We may not get a lot of enforcement in our service, but when somebody does offensive things for hours on end, that person can't complain when the FCC guy DFs his position with ease, and gets it all on tape.

If you fly the middle finger at Uncle Sam, you are inviting unwanted legal training upon yourself. ;)

W0FS, NE5TH, N2YIR and 5 others like this.
  14. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

ERR, .......................parking under a repeaters antenna and playing music is not "failure to ID", its called deliberate and malicious interference.

didn't you read the NAL?

W0FS, NE5TH, N2YIR and 1 other person like this.
  15. W8JBM

W8JBM Ham Member QRZ Page

No, I did not read the NAL and on its face sounded like someone didn't give their call; a lot. Thanks for the clarification, seriously. BTW, I have not been on the receiving end of a stray fart on HF. Maybe that's a 2m thing <smile>.

ND6M and KK5JY like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.