ad: k1jek

FCC Daily Database Delays: Normal?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by KC3UWY, Oct 7, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC3UWY

KC3UWY Ham Member QRZ Page

Daily updates for the FCC downloadable databases have not been posted for the past few days. There were updates on 10/1 through 10/5, but nothing since then. Is this type of pause in daily updates typical?

https://www.fcc.gov/uls/transactions/daily-weekly

There is an alert on the download site for some other types of databases, but not for the Amateur Radio License database.

I am new to the community, and just received my first license and callsign. I have been importing the daily databases into my local copy, and the latest daily file for licenses ended with the sequential callsign immediately before mine :)

Thank you for your time. I searched around for similar questions, but I only saw the missing entries for the automated FCC-update forum topics.

2. K8VHL

K8VHL Moderator Emeritus Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The FCC is sometimes not as diligent as we would like. They get behind in forwarding the files and then catch up in a few days. Patience is a necessary virtue. Be sure to log out and then back in to activate your account when your callsign is finally available on QRZ. Welcome and have fun!

KC3UWY and W7UUU like this.
  3. K8VHL

4. NH6SP

NH6SP Ham Member QRZ Page

I think they messed up at qrz.com.
    I updated my address with the FCC on Oct 3rd, and on Oct 5, I could see the change / new address on qrz.com.
    Today is Oct 9, and qrz.com switched back to my old address from before Oct 3rd.

5. K8VHL

Not exactly. Your address change on the FCC ULS became effective on October 4 and the most recent FCC update with data is October 2. The October 3 update contained 0 records.

6. NH6SP

re

No; as I said, my new address was already reflected on my QRZ page and my account record on Oct 5. Some time AFTER Oct 5, QRZ switched it back to the old address.

I do have a screenshot to prove it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
  7. K8VHL

That should be impossible, but please do post your screenshot (the entire page, please, including the metadata) so we can ask the QRZ IT folks to have a look.

8. NH6SP

I did file a support ticket, but I do not have a full screenshot; uploaded the partial screenshot from several days ago; see the date in the right upper corner:

When I tried to get to my QRZ page just now, I got

"Well my goodness! That was both unexpected and embarassing! Apparently, something got caught in the gears. Has anybody lost their car keys? The good news is that we still have all our fingers.

Anyway, the geeks would call this a 500 error... you would probably call it something unprintable.

The broken page/link was: /db/w6spo"

Clearly something going on with QRZ and/or my account.

Attached Files:

9. K8VHL

I was able to access your account and it looked fine, with the old address :). Try logging out of QRZ, restarting your computer, and then logging back in. Sent you an email.

10. K8VHL

Shane, you are live!!! https://www.qrz.com/db/KC3UWY
    Quick, log out and then back in to claim your account. :D

11. KC3UWY

KC3UWY Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for the info and follow-up! My son and I tested on the same day, and since your heads-up, he has already signed up for the Jumpstart program :)

K8VHL likes this.