ad: w5yi

Fan Vertical Antenna

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK6FLAB, Jan 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmm...'Maker Notes'?

2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

What I want to know is when the drill bit was through his hand, did he go high speed ream-o-matic mode or switch the drill to reverse mode to extract the bit.

That bit belongs on a fancy, schmancy display plaque prominently displayed in the ham shack or workshop.

NH7RO likes this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sure many of us have had hand-related accidents.

For Ono, we see--here at least-- a blame on psychological issues, for an injury, rather than a need for knowledge of safety practices.

MO. Yours may differ.

4. NF6E

NF6E Ham Member QRZ Page

Indeed. Or maybe what the Zed needs is to apply more rigor to their existing thread submission guidelines, which reads in part:

"Your article may be moved to another QRZ Forum location at the editor's discretion. For example, a For Sale ad posted to News will be moved to the For Sale forum. We will attempt to notify you of a forum move if needed."

Is it too much to ask that articles about antennas be posted TO the forum that supports articles about antennas?

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?forums/antennas-feedlines-towers-rotors.33/

<sigh>

NH7RO and KA0HCP like this.
  5. K5VOU

K5VOU Ham Member QRZ Page

Did your cute dog write this? If so he is very smart, for a dog in that he only made four spelling errors.

NH7RO likes this.
  6. N6SPP

N6SPP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

ScreenHunter 109.jpg ScreenHunter 110.jpg

Anyone using these old antennas (Isotron 160m, 80m) ? hi

DL5RAQ likes this.
  7. NH7RO

NH7RO Ham Member QRZ Page

Wrong forum; why not post this un the Antennas Forum? You'll elicit far more replies over there.

8. K0WJ

K0WJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Mine works well 80-6 Meters. Take a look at my QRZ page for a satellite picture of my back yard.

Lon, KØWJ

9. VE3DDL

VE3DDL Ham Member QRZ Page

well 20db out too your body on the flat side but yes they have all band vertical antennas out there gaff makes some of them tall as they go you need the lenght on it too have it work good the tuner does not fix the ant. ijust ajusts it too work on the band you are trying too use ....

10. WB6TOU

WB6TOU Ham Member QRZ Page

I built a three band for 80/40/20 using this design. If you look up SRI dipole and locate the original report from SRI on the design for the military, you will have all you need.