ad: MyersEng-1

FAMOUS ham-radio & VIP's OM ...update list today !

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, May 24, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

A felonious drug dealer would qualify as infamous..if we disagree on that, then we all are in trouble.

Also , Somoza would qualify as infamous as he murdered and tortured thousands in 1970s Nicaragua...his 'fame' was to be blown to bits in a car bomb. The Sandanistas were, more than anything else, guerillas to stop Somoza.

IMO you cannot separate the adjective 'famous' from the phrase 'role model'. Your opinion may differ.

Chip W1YW

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  2. KF7PCL

KF7PCL Ham Member QRZ Page

If he were a current felon and drug dealer, I would absolutely agree. However, that is not the case. Like him or hate him, he is a TV actor now.

3. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

ok ...i delete this tim allen and somoza .... hi hi ! tnx

4. KF7PCL

KF7PCL Ham Member QRZ Page

No reason to delete him. Chip is basing it on things that are past.
    If someone isn't given a fair chance to redeem themselves..then I don't know what else to say.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Allen

5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Fair chance? Go read my earlier comment on that matter. I obviously agree. My point is that if you want to revel in the company you keep, then be aware that the stories need to be disclosed.

Good luck posing Somoza in any Central American country as a 'famous' ham :)! That would be like posing Hitler on a famous list...to Israelis..or me for that matter.

Chip W1YW

6. N3OB

N3OB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The one I decided to look up, K4ZVZ Paul W. Tibbets, Pilot, I guess is reassigned.

7. IW2BSF

N3OB what....i delete in the list or ?

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

With due respect, this is your job, IMO. Why are you asking us if it should be deleted? He was either famous or he wasn't.

You need to check out each entry for fact checking--AND , ADDITIONALLY, SEE IF THE CALLSIGNS HAVE BEEN RE-ASSIGNED.

If the call has been re-assigned, then you obviously need to put an ASTERIX next to it, and say its been re-assigned.

Jean Shepherd's call has been re-assigned.

9. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

"FAMOUS"
    what makes a person famous? Public LIFE? Movies, in the papers? STARS? Many people throughout time have gone on to be famous.

I guess if more than 1 person has ever heard of you, you are FAMOUS!!
    I certainly qualify as being famous here on QRZed, but in other walks of life, no one has ever heard of me. I am active in ELKS, KIWANIS and the Crest Community. A valued member of the St Louise De Marillac Parish. I placed many times in the ELKS RITUAL CONTEST inscluding FIRST PLACE STATE CHAPLIN. I won the LEADING KNIGHTS TOAST one year. But not many people have heard of me otherwise.
    IF U go up to an average person on the street and ask them who is WA6MHZ, the answer will be almost UNANIMOUSLY "WTF?"

So often fame is very localized. EVERYONE in PODUNK knows who BILLY BOB is, Folks outside of town have no clue!

10. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Fame isn't all it's cracked up to be....
    Fortune, you have to work hard for that....

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Any one who uses guard -cats for a transceiver museum is famous in my book:)

Chip W1YW

12. IW2BSF

NEW

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>14</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> I am pleased to introduce my new version of my article:

FAMOUS ham-radio and VIPs in the world - version 2015 by IW2BSF

Totally re-built and now in ENGLISH language !

OVER 66 pages size 4 Mb

Download free here:

rodolfo-parisio.jimdo.com/app/download/8356427885/Famous+Ham-Radio+Amateurs+Radio+%26+VIPs+in+the+world+%5B2015+by+IW2BSF%5D.pdf?t=1432913984
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabella normale"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

13. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

...and did you fact check; see that you got callsigns correct; and make a note of re issued calls so new holders aren't harassed?

Also, the LINK DOES NOT WORK.

Chip W1YW

14. IW2BSF

????

the LINK work well !!!

rodolfo-parisio.jimdo.com/app/download/8356427885/Famous+Ham-Radio+Amateurs+Radio+%26+VIPs+in+the+world+%5B2015 +by+IW2BSF%5D.pdf?t=1432913984

15. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

That is a beautiful and very comprehensive listing and very well done!
    Just wish U could have included me on the list

WA6MHZ: curator of the CREST RADIO MUSEUM