ad: TinyPaddle-1

Could a new licence counter threats at VHF and above?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Jun 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, now is your time.

CEPT has passed the recommendation of reallocation of 144-146 MHz in Region 2--up the line.

The Mack truck is in high gear...:-(

2. KG4RRN

KG4RRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes lets all get together in our parks with ht's .....oops already tried that (npota).
    Don't many new hams know about 50 mhz and 220 and all of joy of 440-450 ???
    Or low band to skywave propagation to microwaves.
    That's why the ARRL is there..
    Education is not go out to the park and talk to your friend 2 blocks away through a repeater which is 30 miles away....
    I digress.......

3. K3RPK

K3RPK Ham Member QRZ Page

How can we ever win a spectrum battle when we cant even spell "license" correctly? Look at the article headlines again.." Could a new licence counter threats at VHF and above?"

4. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The OP is from the UK. That's how they spell it.

5. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

And here is how the ITU, which has a certain say in regulatory matters spells it:

"25.5 ยง 3 1) Administrations shall determine whether or not a person seeking a licence to operate an amateur station..."

Two countries divided by a common language,
    but"Queen's English" still reigns.

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM

6. K3RPK

My apologies.....when I get this foot out of my mouth, I will have to get one of those Queens English dictionaries

WJ4U likes this.
  7. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

English has become a mixture of many influences;
    I myself speak something in-between American and Queen's English due to the massive influence that American popular culture
    has in my part of the world, but I am trying as best as I can to write using British idioms and spelling.

Much to the admonition given by the principal teacher, Dr Mavis von Proschwitz,
    when having English courses at University:

"Write either American or British, but I am not tolerating seeing them mixed"

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM

K3RPK likes this.
  8. M0YRX

M0YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

Licence is a noun . license is a verb . I hold an amateur radio licence , only Ofcom can license a UK resident to transmit on the amateur bands within the UK. Something like that anyway.

9. K3RPK

LOL..Im holding my FCC issued certificate in hand and its spelled "license" . I wonder just how much of the dictionary we butchered when we crossed the pond .

M0YRX likes this.
  10. M0YRX

M0YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah, your the licensee of a licence given license by the FFC to........

K3RPK likes this.
  11. N0AMY

N0AMY Ham Member QRZ Page

at this point just do away with the license requirement and open it up.. seriously there are not enough people on the air nor will there be in the future to keep the amount of band vhf is on.. open it up like cb and let business and everyone on it .. i hate to say it guys but this is a dying hobby.. if you are not 45 or older it does not exist ...

12. N0AMY

like you are something special to correct everyone else..

13. N0AMY

why have parks if no one is using them anymore...

14. K3RPK

Huh?

15. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Jeus! Didn't we JUST GO THRU THAT to create the "NO CODE TECH"??? Where even "GRANNY" could pass the test to get on the air!!! INCREDIBLE!!! It's sorta like in the political world of "Universal Healthcare for ALL"!!! Come on guys, if some of you feel like you do NOW, then why not get RID OF THE HAM LICENSING PROCEDURE COMPLETELY??? LET EVERYONE GET ON THE AIR THEN (no license required!!!) :-/